Changing energy suppliers

I think I might even owe them money, fingers crossed ;)

Cool. Straight on uswitch though when whoever picks up the supply contacts us.

I've iust halved my energy bills by moving to a small company called GB Energy.

~Oh dear I just heard this morning that they have gone bust...... NO JOKING.

The news item said that customers should take a meter reading as soon as possible some other company is taking over the supply. So I would check the news and website for more info.

I am in the process of changing to ecotricity, putting my money where my mouth is (Green power) I know it comes through a dirty pool but my money will be going to support the development of green energy in Britain and not some offset scam that is intent on blaming global warming on the rest of the world.

Edited by Margarita Ma
more info.

I changed to Scottish power, and on the given change over date, I just get this message when I try to enter a metre reading "Something went wrong".

I will keep trying ;)

I changed to Scottish power, and on the given change over date, I just get this message when I try to enter a metre reading "Something went wrong".

I will keep trying ;)

They switched me to cooperative who promised to honour the terms of the contract I had with GB. Haven't tried to enter any readings yet. I'd give it a few days.

Over the last 6 years I have changed supplier 4 times,mainly between the big 6 and OVO.

So far I have used the usual comparison sites and made my own decision,but now I am considering using Flipper which may switch my supplier up to 4 times a year provided that there is a minimum estimated saving of £50.

The cost p.a Is £25 irrespective of the number of switches.

Has anybody used this or similar services?

You need to compare like with like, which isn’t easy. We have a 1450 square feet detached house with double glazing, cav wall insulation and circa 12” thick loft insulation. We have a 10 rad gfch system, gas hob, electric oven and a gas living flame fire that we rarely use, and we use gas for a wet room water supply (we don’t have a bath). We have a washer/dryer and a dish washer plus all the usual electrical bits and bats.

The central heating is on thermostat and timer control and it on for 16 hours p/d Oct to April. Last year’s cost with First Utility’s cheapest 12 months fixed deal was £630 gas and £400 electricity, I’m expecting a couple of hundred pounds more this year due to a far colder winter and a price increase.

I hope that this helps.

Edited by Calahonda

Uswitch independent advice given as long as you no what your energy usage is