Impaired glucose tolerance

Hi everyone, I've just been told I have impaired glucose tolerance and need to change my lifestyle.

More exercise (no problem), losing weight (I'll give a damn good go) healthy eating (!!!!). I have been use to eating whatever I want when I want. Now I need to cut down on my sugar intake.

Any advice on things to eat etc. Not looking forward to this at all

Hi everyone, I've just been told I have impaired glucose tolerance and need to change my lifestyle.

More exercise (no problem), losing weight (I'll give a damn good go) healthy eating (!!!!). I have been use to eating whatever I want when I want. Now I need to cut down on my sugar intake.

Any advice on things to eat etc. Not looking forward to this at all

Hi Chocki

I was in the same position about 18 months ago - my hba1c was up to 79 so was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. at the age of 49 - 3 stone overweight and not active - I was determined to get rid of that label, so followed a low carb diet, lost weight and got fit ... my hba1c 3 months later was back within normal limits and has stayed that way (39). its not easy, just depends how much you want to sort it out! I walked the 3 miles to work and back every day, then took up cycling - but I have arthritis which has impacted on my exercise levels while the weather has been bad. but hba1c still normal.

its all about lifestyle change ... good luck!! you can do it!!

:D