Ashes 2017/18..

Perhaps the aussies have got 11 boycotts, brilliant at test match level. hopeless at one day cricket?

Perhaps the aussies have got 11 boycotts, brilliant at test match level. hopeless at one day cricket?

Far from it. Their openers are excellent - warner is consistently brilliant in all forms and finch has two hundreds and a fifty in this series so far. I still don't think they know their best side which is a hinderence but I think we've just played really well and their middle and lower order aren't as good as ours. Our numbers 1-10 all have first class hundreds.

A long time ago but remember Boycott getting around 165 in a one day final.

A long time ago but remember Boycott getting around 165 in a one day final.

I vaguely remember that, it was a one of.

4-1, with a second string seam attack. Piece of ****.

The toss was key in our only loss,otherwise wed have cleaned up.

fancy us in the T20s as well.

Seen that Archer of sussex went for around amillion in the IPL,exciting player with bat and ball,played some big bash and aquited himself well,long way off the test scene due to residency rules which is a shame

The toss was key in our only loss,otherwise wed have cleaned up.

fancy us in the T20s as well.

Seen that Archer of sussex went for around amillion in the IPL,exciting player with bat and ball,played some big bash and aquited himself well,long way off the test scene due to residency rules which is a shame

He won't qualify until 2020 if I recall. To be fair the Bayliss he was brought in to improve the ODI set up and he's done it in spades.

He won't qualify until 2020 if I recall. To be fair the Bayliss he was brought in to improve the ODI set up and he's done it in spades.

Jofra Archer qualifies in 2022. He will be 27 by then. He’s a proper talent though. Fast, accurate and athletic.

I do worry that he’ll be seduced by the 20/20 circus before then and might not develop the skills to be a proper test cricketer. We’ve all seen how Pietersen sold his soul to 20/20, I do hope that Archer will be different.

Jofra Archer qualifies in 2022. He will be 27 by then. He’s a proper talent though. Fast, accurate and athletic.

I do worry that he’ll be seduced by the 20/20 circus before then and might not develop the skills to be a proper test cricketer. We’ve all seen how Pietersen sold his soul to 20/20, I do hope that Archer will be different.

You're quite correct it is 2022. But there has been plenty of test players making their debut at 27 so age isn't a massive worry on its own. He could and hopefully should turn up for England duty with lots of big bash and IPL experience and at £1m a pop should have a healthy enough bank balance so his head shouldn't be turned.

Oh, and Nathan Lyon was bashed around today - 34 off one over. Satisfying!