Nuaire Drimaster

Hi, does anyone have any experience with this product or similar products? If so do you know of an installer?

The problem I am trying to solve is excessive condensation on bedroom ceilings that leads to mould growth, usual efforts have been tried to stop this IE windows open doors etc etc.

House is approx 100 years old ( mid terraced ) and not available for cavity wall insulation, loft is insulated to 250MM, double glazed windows with no trickle vents, central heating in all rooms with no thermostat control.

Any advise or opinions will be very much appreciated as I want this problem cured once and for all

Many thanks Jacko:)

Edited by jacko72
change title

Google envirovent. They held a seminar at a landlords meeting recently about this very problem. They have a ceiling mounted vent what runs on a 4w motor and cost about 2p a day in electricity. They guarantee no more black mould. It is easy to install and cost about £450 for the unit. They can install it for you if required (installation cost) and can give you a home survey which cost about £75.

Thanks for the reply "retired" have googled and searched extensively on this product and it appears to have a positive feedback, have sent e mail to Nuaire and awaiting reply, I just want to try and find if anyone locally has used and installed this or similar product and the results they have found, as I am sure Nuaire will be positively biased.

From what I understand it is relatively simple to install but to be honest I dont fancy taking chunks out of the ceiling myself. Also I need advice on where to fit if I go with this system, have heard you need 1 meter distance from nearest wall, if this is the case I can not have fitted in a central location in the house, therefore will the effect work thought the house or just in the room it is fitted?

It is usually fitted on the landing ceiling if possible and gets its electricity from a lighting circuit. It is usually an electrian thats fits it. It is designed for the full house and unless the door to a room is air tight it will work. If the landing ceiling has a room above it like an attic then consider the attic ceiling. Leaving the attic door slighter ajar is usually not a problem.

It comes with a 5 year warranty and it's 2 main parts are the 4w motor and filter. Replace these after 5 years and they will give another 5 year warranty.

Many thanks for the info "retired" ceiling at the top of the stairs will be too small at a guess at just under 1 meter / 36" thats why I am guessing will have to be fitted in main bedroom, no attic in the house, have read motor is virtually silent and not an issue

Excellent product.... highly recommended.

Did you use it in similar circumstances? And did you fit it yourself ?

Many thanks Jacko

Many thanks for the info "retired" ceiling at the top of the stairs will be too small at a guess at just under 1 meter / 36" thats why I am guessing will have to be fitted in main bedroom, no attic in the house, have read motor is virtually silent and not an issue

1 metre is plenty, it is about 250mm in height. Take off the height of the joist and this gives plenty of room.

Did you use it in similar circumstances? And did you fit it yourself ?

Many thanks Jacko

Have PM'd you... Yes I've had one. No I don't fit them, although they are quite straight forward. If they fit it, the balls are in their court. Although I never had a problem with it.

Got the pm thank you, any advice and comments are very much appreciated Jacko :)

Can anyone tell me if this is anygood. i live in a 3 bedroom semi, now getting plenty of condensation on windows every morning. can you hear it working from the loft, my wife has very good hearing, Nuaire Drimaster Condensation Ventilation Loft Unit. magicwalsh@gmail.com