What's High Green like?

Can anyone tell me what Thomson Hill is like in High Green as a road and also what High Green is like generally?

Comments would be appreciated!

do not even go there.

we have just moved to stocksbridge from high green and quite frankly were glad to see the back of the place.

it may look ok in the day but beware.

my son was mugged three times.

a few other people have been up there as well.

greengate lane shops at night are a no go area.

the fosters just as bad.-which is just down from thompson hill.

the gangs take over and the police do nothing.

one old lady i know was terrorised in her own home.

its worse than shiregreen . a lot worse

I agree with Tara, Id avoid it.. I was attacked and knifed 13 years ago just walking home from High Green..

DeeJ

(edit: having re-read the original post which was posted in Oct 03 its probably not relevant any more :? )

oops sorry didn't realise,-last years post.

if its too late it may make some other person change their mind about choosing to live at high green.

u you kno tht things change!! high green int all tht bad ppl r nice! im 16 nd live der i go out at night all the time nd i dnt get mugged nd iv neva erd of ne 1 getting mugged b4!!!!! if you think its rough up high green u should go 2 manor top, pitsmoor, firth park der all worse!!! no offence 2 ne one tht lives der!!!

Guest Cutglass

and now we got the shorthand text version on how to reply :lol:

I would just like to make one thing clear, High green's boundry is greengate lane. If you live on the chapeltown side of Greengate lane you live in Chapeltown that means that school road and the rest of that run down council estate are part of chapeltown and NOT high green. People say High green is rough, what a load of bull***t. I have lived in High Green for twelve years and I can say it is the best place I have ever lived. I live at the top end of High Green just off thompson hill and moved there from Chapeltown to get away from the gangs of kids that ran riot every night.

I have friends that live in Grenoside (the place to be!) who say that they are thinking of moving to High Green to get away from all the gangs of youths that roam there streets at night.

If you want a place to live that has all the shops, schools, pubs and miles of open countyside on your doorstep then move to High Green!

I would just like to make one thing clear, High green's boundry is greengate lane. If you live on the chapeltown side of Greengate lane you live in Chapeltown that means that school road and the rest of that run down council estate are part of chapeltown and NOT high green.

High greens boundary is Mortomley lane Just below the crossfield tavern.

ALL School road is High Green, so if you want to post on a public forum get your facts right.

High greens boundary is Mortomley lane Just below the crossfield tavern.

ALL School road is High Green, so if you want to post on a public forum get your facts right.

If you take the time to check YOUR facts you will find the boundry sign for High green is at the corner of Mortomly lane and Greengate Lane by the park. The other boundry sign is at the bottom of Spring wood lane just off Greengate lane.

I think that proves my point! Viking get your facts right, School Road is as I said on the Chapeltown side of Greengate lane and therefore not in High Green!

I live on the so called Chapeltown side of Greengate lane so how come if I type my address and postcode into an address finder it always comes up as High Green. In fact I really live in Mortomley

I live on the so called Chapeltown side of Greengate lane so how come if I type my address and postcode into an address finder it always comes up as High Green. In fact I really live in Mortomley

If the address finder says you live in Mortomley you DO NOT live in High Green!

I REST MY CASE!

I REST MY CASE!

It's your gob you need to rest.

The Barrel pub address is Chapeltown, just up the road is the Crossfield tavern (210 Mortomley lane) and is High green, the boundary is in between the barrel and the crossfield.

PS, I lived on school road for 15 years so I should know the address.