Sheffield Forum

Ten Years After new album

Home > General > Entertainment Chat

Reply To Topic

16-09-2017, 16:44   #1
Olec

Total Posts: 1,046
So Ten Years After are bringing out a new album to celebrate their 50th anniversary, their first new material with their current singer, Marcus Bonfanti. They've already released a song from the album; Suranne Suranne, which can be heard on Spotify. What do we reckon?
17-09-2017, 13:41   #2
horribleblob

Total Posts: 4,947
I'll take a listen, but TYA without Alvin Lee and Leo Lyons? No doubt excellent, but a different band, surely.

The whole of the original band was as tight as a drum, but imagine the Woodstock performance of 'I'm Going Home' without Lee and Lyons.
17-09-2017, 16:32   #3
Ontarian1981

Total Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by horribleblob View Post
I'll take a listen, but TYA without Alvin Lee and Leo Lyons? No doubt excellent, but a different band, surely.

The whole of the original band was as tight as a drum, but imagine the Woodstock performance of 'I'm Going Home' without Lee and Lyons.
I agree on what you say, but this is the their third album since Alvin Lee left them. Not sure how successful they have been however. Didn't Alvin call another band of his Ten Years Later? I seem to remember reading something like that in his obituary.
Reply To Topic