Everyone should have to do a driving test every year

The standard of most people's driving is terrible and they wouldn't pass the test if they had to now so everyone should have to do a test every year to make sure that they are still competent.

Great idea, it would only mean 860000 tests a week.

The tax on vehicle fuel should be lowered, and tighter enforcement of good driving should be increased.

Hidden, automatic cameras that take photographs as evidence to prosecute drivers of mobile phone use and other offenses like driving without a seatbelt, driving with incorrect lighting.

The tax on vehicle fuel should be lowered, and tighter enforcement of good driving should be increased.

Hidden, automatic cameras that take photographs as evidence to prosecute drivers of mobile phone use and other offenses like driving without a seatbelt, driving with incorrect lighting.

How many photos would need to be scrutinised per week?

My friend Stephen has never ever wanted to drive. In his words, "I'd be a moron in a killing machine!". With this in mind I don't reckon it's fair to make him do a driving test every year.

Good. My friend rudolf cousin is a tester and he passed first time and still is a rubbish drivers.

Not every year, but certainly every 5 or ten years. Most (Male) Drivers think they know everything, while (Sorry Ladies) most Females stick rigidly to the standards they adhered to at the passing of their last driving test.

In my opinion drivers should all be tested on (minimally) our reactions!!! and the latest additions to the highway code.

As drivers are all legally bound to be familiar with the latest version of the highway code.

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 22:06 ----------

Good. My friend rudolf cousin is a tester and he passed first time and still is a rubbish drivers.

Like you are rubbish at engish languane

yor welcum :)

How many photos would need to be scrutinised per week?

If a computer can drive a car(almost), I am sure one can be programed to rule out all those sat in the normal driver position.

Computer are taking over, more jobs are needed.

Normal driving position detection , how's that going to work?

If a computer can drive a car(almost), I am sure one can be programed to rule out all those sat in the normal driver position.

Computer are taking over, more jobs are needed.

This is absolutely spot on.

It is unimaginable now to people who have been adults for ten years or more, however in a couple of decades time many, lives will be saved because AI (artificial Intelligence) will be driving all the cars/ busses/ lorries etc.

When I was a boy, Smartphones and the internet would never have been even thought of.

In the future our lives will be changed and made easier by these advances. Things will cost much less and be far more convenient.

Normal driving position detection , how's that going to work?

A computer can recognise a face, if it cannot that may be because the driver is eating, drinking or using a prohibited devise.