Blair, Now Says We Can Reduce Immigration.

It's a bit rich for Blair to rise from the ashes and tell us we can reduce immigration and stay in the corrupt institution that is the EU. This from the quizzing who opened our borders with out any in put from the people, this from the buffoon who altered the face of the Country with out any thought to the population's wishes.

Go back under the stone you emerged from Blair, go and count your millons and leave us alone to get on with leaving the EU, you have damaged us enough already.

Angel1

He's missed the boat. We've already accepted the challenge and the engineering work has begun. Behind the scenes we are building an alternative to the European Union based on wholesome British values.

He's missed the boat. We've already accepted the challenge and the engineering work has begun. Behind the scenes we are building an alternative to the European Union based on wholesome British values.

What are the 'wholesome British values'?

The only thing behind the scenes is chaos.

Edited by Magilla

Guest makapaka

Can you give me a quick run down on what is going on behind the scenes.

Given the government haven't told anyone I'm surprised you know?

Can you give me a quick run down on what is going on behind the scenes.

Given the government haven't told anyone I'm surprised you know?

defining what wholesome british values are? :hihi:

It's a bit rich for Blair to rise from the ashes and tell us we can reduce immigration and stay in the corrupt institution that is the EU.

It's factual. We have always had the ability to limit welfare payments to EU nationals and reduce migration at the lower end of society - the area where people get most whipped up into a frenzy. It hasn't been done because Treasury analysis is that this would cause more economic harm than good.

This approach also means we do not sever the supply of highly skilled staff for the NHS and business.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 16:26 ----------

defining what wholesome british values are? :hihi:

Come now - you know that Brexit is all about flag waving slogans. It falls apart if you look at the detail.

It's factual. We have always had the ability to limit welfare payments to EU nationals and reduce migration at the lower end of society - the area where people get most whipped up into a frenzy. It hasn't been done because Treasury analysis is that this would cause more economic harm than good.

This approach also means we do not sever the supply of highly skilled staff for the NHS and business.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 16:26 ----------

Come now - you know that Brexit is all about flag waving slogans. It falls apart if you look at the detail.

I always believed as members of the EU, freedom of movement TO ALL levels of ability was written in stone. And one of the things that was NOT up for discussion in any way.

Angel1

It's a bit rich for Blair to rise from the ashes and tell us we can reduce immigration and stay in the corrupt institution that is the EU. This from the quizzing who opened our borders with out any in put from the people, this from the buffoon who altered the face of the Country with out any thought to the population's wishes.

Go back under the stone you emerged from Blair, go and count your millons and leave us alone to get on with leaving the EU, you have damaged us enough already.

Angel1

We've always been able to control it.

Blair/Brown/Cameron/May chose not to.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 21:45 ----------

I always believed as members of the EU, freedom of movement TO ALL levels of ability was written in stone. And one of the things that was NOT up for discussion in any way.

Angel1

That's not true.

EU law allows for removal of immigrants if they can't find work or support themselves. We were never in Schengen. We fully have the right to refuse entry to anybody with a criminal record. EU law allows for ID schemes for immigrants.

To compound this failure to use any of the tools at our disposal, successive governments have perpetuated a benefits system that tops up income for all workers with housing benefit and tax credits galore.

The UK was made a very attractive place for low skilled immigrants (or those willing to take low skilled jobs) and all governments of the last 20 years are responsible.

I always believed as members of the EU, freedom of movement TO ALL levels of ability was written in stone. And one of the things that was NOT up for discussion in any way

Freedom of movement is not the same thing as immigration.

It's always been possible to allow people to move freely throughout the EU but limit access to state services and welfare, e.g. to those who have contributed to the local tax system for a certain period. Many already do, but the UK chose not to.

Angel1

We could have veto'd the whole concept when we had the chance. We chose not to.

We've always been able to control it.

Blair/Brown/Cameron/May chose not to.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 21:45 ----------

That's not true.

EU law allows for removal of immigrants if they can't find work or support themselves. We were never in Schengen. We fully have the right to refuse entry to anybody with a criminal record. EU law allows for ID schemes for immigrants.

To compound this failure to use any of the tools at our disposal, successive governments have perpetuated a benefits system that tops up income for all workers with housing benefit and tax credits galore.

The UK was made a very attractive place for low skilled immigrants (or those willing to take low skilled jobs) and all governments of the last 20 years are responsible.

I know we tend to disagree on a lot of things , but on this occasion , I doff my cap to you . Bravo