Nasty spiteful womans march for Hurricane Harvey.

Given that the black community in particular was very badly let down after Katrina, I don't find this particularly surprising or shocking.

Given that the black community in particular was very badly let down after Katrina, I don't find this particularly surprising or shocking.

Well you wouldn't! :roll:

Katrina has no bearing on this flood whatsoever. There have been some black people trolling Twitter, hoping that white people drown etc, but on the whole, in Texas, black and white people have come together to help each other.

Its a shame that the weird white anti-white far left have to spoil things as per.

Well you wouldn't! :roll:

Katrina has no bearing on this flood whatsoever. There have been some black people trolling Twitter, hoping that white people drown etc, but on the whole, in Texas, black and white people have come together to help each other.

Its a shame that the weird white anti-white far left have to spoil things as per.

How strange that you perceive pro black as anti-white. Insecurity maybe?

How strange that you perceive pro black as anti-white. Insecurity maybe?

Hahahahahah. Oh the irony :D

just to be the devils advocate for a second :P

when you click on the link on their twittery thing which can be read here which technically DID say "and other populations"

anyway the page it opens is.........a colorlines page, published by race forward so it looks like a page that is specifically geared towards people of "colour" and ethnic MINORITIES.

http://www.colorlines.com/articles/how-donate-money-and-other-aid-communities-color-houston

So, when you scroll down it shows you the aid groups and has a little blurb about them.

it seems to be saying theres been a major issue with american red cross and it not giving money / aid out correctly, specifically to ethnic minority populations.

so.....they say

Fortunately, there are organizations whose focus is to provide assistance to communities of color and other groups that are disproportionately vulnerable in times of tragedy. Here, a partial list.

so the disproportionately vulnerable people mentioned in the list.

< black women

< woman and children stranded by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after being released from detention centers

< ICNA Relief, also known as Muslims for Humanity, is a nonprofit that has committed aid to residents of Southern Texas after the devastation of Harvey. (just says residents of)

< BlackAmericaWeb.com Relief Fund benefits individuals and families who are victims of publicly declared disasters. Tom Joyner founded it following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and he has donated $20,000 to it in the wake of Harvey. (just says it helps residents)

< Living Hope Wheelchair Association serves populations with spinal cord injuries and other disabilities, and the bulk of their members are immigrants and low-wage workers.

< SHAPE Community Center says its organization aims to “improve the quality of life for people of African descent (all people) through programs and activities, with emphasis on unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith.” Since the storm made landfall in Texas, it has mobilized to help the people of Houston stay safe and find shelter.

<South Texas Human Rights Center is committed to keeping immigrant families intact and preventing migrant deaths along the Texas-Mexico border through community initiatives. The border—and those living on it—were in the direct path of Hurricane Harvey.

< also one to help undocumented people who may face deportation

< The Way Home works to end homelessness in Houston, Harris County and Fort Bend County. It has partnered with a network of area shelters to achieve this. Donate directly to The Way Home or to its partners.

< Portlight assists people with disabilities who have medical needs or require shelter as a result of Hurricane Harvey.

< Texas Diaper Bank provides emergency diaper kits (which are not distributed by relief agencies) for babies, seniors and people with disabilities.

< The Homeless Period Project of Austin distributes tampons, pads and other period-related items to those displaced by the storm.

so moving away from the daily mail bile spitting tired in your op, some of the groups involved have nothing at all to do with colour, race, or ethnicity, some help the homeless, some the disabled, some help with diapers, people who may get deported if they go through official channels.

As for the race angle, is there a likelyhood that people of colour in a lot of cases maybe poorer, have less resources, need more help?

Is there a need for groups of this type in the most racist country in the world in the 21st centuary.

---------- Post added 30-08-2017 at 18:40 ----------

yes it has the whole colorlines page is about the red cross and the lack of help ethnic minorities got in the wake of katrina

yes it has the whole colorlines page is about the red cross and the lack of help ethnic minorities got in the wake of katrina

Maybe I've got the wrong spectacles on ...... can you show me the bits that confirm that. I can't see it being as you suggest.

Maybe I've got the wrong spectacles on ...... can you show me the bits that confirm that. I can't see it being as you suggest.

just below the obama bit

But the Red Cross—an organization that provides disaster relief and emergency assistance—has a controversial track record regarding how donations are used following natural disasters.

Per a previous Colorlines article, “an investigation by ProPublica and NPR in 2015 claimed the agency built only six homes with the $500 million it received in donations after the 2010 earthquake which devastated [Haiti].” And last year, after people in Louisiana were displaced by flooding, Colorlines reported that at a Baton Rouge Red Cross shelter, “volunteers had to pay for baby formula out of pocket—even though Red Cross received a truckload of it as a donation that could be distributed to the majority-Black population being housed there.”

Fortunately, there are organizations whose focus is to provide assistance to communities of color and other groups that are disproportionately vulnerable in times of tragedy. Here, a partial list.

it doesnt quite put it as bluntly as i put it, thats my style :P but i think reading between the lines thats what it means

I seem to remember that swivel eyed members of UKIP (remember them), gloating that freak weather conditions in the UK were a sign of God's disapproval of homosexuality.

UKIP sank without a trace hahaha :D

A woman's march in Washington DC has urged that people donate to help specifically non-white victims of Hurricane Harvey.

It has led to a backlash on Twitter from a lot of people including black people.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/30/womens-march-recommends-harvey-donations-go-to-non-whites/

Its racism. As simple as that.

Im sure Infowars will be there to tell us all the truth.

A woman's march in Washington DC has urged that people donate to help specifically non-white victims of Hurricane Harvey.

It has led to a backlash on Twitter from a lot of people including black people.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/30/womens-march-recommends-harvey-donations-go-to-non-whites/

she is a racist moron. EVERYONE affected by the storms deserves help no matter their colour or ethnic background

Melthebel, do you work for the ministry of truth? :loopy: