Dash cam question

hi, due to the increasing " brilliant" standard of driving that I see I am considering fitting a dashcam . I have a query-- I realise that I need to set this up, so does the dashcam hold the settings when I take it out of the car? I am thinking particularly about date and time settings. I am looking at the type where I plug into the cigarette lighter.

Yes, they have a battery in them that will charge when you are using it in the cig lighter.

It's best if you can descreetly wire it in to the car's electrics, so you don't have wires everwhere and plugged in to ciggy lighter.

dash cam records onto a micro sd card make sure you buy a decent one

like a BlackVue

These will fit behind you mirror out of view

My sat nav turns itself off 6 or 7 seconds after the ignition is turned off. The reason been it's a mini computer and it requires a few seconds because it is saving the last file to the micro sd card.

Angel1.

Thinking about getting one, for reason as in OP., near miss by bad driver again near Mayfield, Ranmoor, but also fact car has been bashed again, needing new exhaust.

There seems to be a lot on the market, but i reckon i need a discrete one. maybe rear and one that comes on with movement, any ideas, tx

Edited by gamezone07

i use a mobious camera 1080p video recording auto starts when start engine and auto turns of when you turn engine of brilliant picture and lots of settings

Just realised i need a rear one, that is where my car has been decimated!

http://www.halfords.com/advice/technology/service/halfords-dash-cam-fitting-service#

I can't help as to whether or not they are any good at the fitting - but they have a good range of devices.

I know a few people that have had them fitted at Halfords and they did a perfect job.

Thinking about getting one, for reason as in OP., near miss by bad driver again near Mayfield, Ranmoor, but also fact car has been bashed again, needing new exhaust.

There seems to be a lot on the market, but i reckon i need a discrete one. maybe rear and one that comes on with movement, any ideas, tx

Ive got an anker roav from Amazon - there is a "parked" setting so it saves after there was contact/movement. I dont know how all that works but I was impressed by that.

I see why they need to be fitted now, can't use gps otherwise!