The Closed Shop - Reet Ale Pullin Out

I've heard the Reet Ale Pub Co are pulling out of the Closed Shop on Commonside and someone is looking to take it over and run it as a community venture.

Does anybody have further details of this?

I love the Closed Shop and what Reet Ale have been doing/serving there. I hope the new venture or any other owners continue in the same vane.

I have heard the same and it's a reet shame (see what I did there?).

It has improved massively since Reet took it on and it's become one of my favourite pubs.

I hope whoever takes it on can make a serious go of it without Punch having too much input.

Good luck to Andy and Co. in whatever plans they have for the future.

I've heard the Reet Ale Pub Co are pulling out of the Closed Shop on Commonside and someone is looking to take it over and run it as a community venture.

I love the Closed Shop and what Reet Ale have been doing/serving there. I hope the new venture or any other owners continue in the same vane.

Really? That is a shame, as I agree that the Closed Shop has improved a lot since Reet Ale Pub Co took the helm, what with serving food and holding various events there, indeed I was at their 4th Birthday Party just the other week.

It is a well used local pub so hopefully whoever takes over can make a good go of it.

The Closed Shop has a big problem always full but the people who are in they have one drink and stay all night. Called in last week group of six sat in the bay window only one of them had a drink I was in for around an hour and they where still there when I left.

The Closed Shop has a big problem always full but the people who are in they have one drink and stay all night. Called in last week group of six sat in the bay window only one of them had a drink I was in for around an hour and they where still there when I left.

Probably there for the free wi-fi

reet ale pubs are closing down the whole pub side of the operation, and concentrating on the brewery (blue bee). Chris and Kate (from the shakey and three tuns) are taking over the Rutland Arms, but, AFAIK, nothings been decided as yet for the closed shop, punchbowl, 3 tuns, or the old crown. Hopefully someone who knows their stuff will take them on

There are several notices up in the pub asking for people interested in joining a steering group to look at ways of running the Closed Shop as a community pub.

I'll ask them to put the info on their Facebook page so we can link to it.

I heard about this a while back. I really think that Kate n Chris can improve The Rutty significantly. It has its fans but there are obvious areas for improvement.

Heard rumours about another of their pubs but only time will tell...

If that's the case with the Wifi, it needs some proper looking at.

Off when it's busy, and some sort of time out code.

No need for it imo.

If that's the case with the Wifi, it needs some proper looking at.

Off when it's busy, and some sort of time out code.

No need for it imo.

No problems with the Wifi that I'm aware of - there'll be quite a lot of usage tonight during the quiz............

Had no problem streaming the Euro's last year or the World Cup in 2014 - and that was often standing outside the Hallamshire over the road.

Guest makapaka

It should be viable for someone to take on surely? Nice pub and always busy. I'm surprised they're pulling out given the anount of investment that went in to that pub and also punch bowl etc

No problems with the Wifi that I'm aware of - there'll be quite a lot of usage tonight during the quiz............

Had no problem streaming the Euro's last year or the World Cup in 2014 - and that was often standing outside the Hallamshire over the road.

If you sit in the front room of The Hallamshire you can pick up the Closed Shop wifi anyway.