Abuse in football.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38090926

Been reading this,it seems where ever there's kids this goes on,the people involved need locking away.

What I can't understand is why have they waited so long to come out,2 of these were England internationals who should have brought this to head when they were big names.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38090926

Been reading this,it seems where ever there's kids this goes on,the people involved need locking away.

What I can't understand is why have they waited so long to come out,2 of these were England internationals who should have brought this to head when they were big names.

That's because you don't understand the intense feelings of shame and self loathing that are often felt by survivors of abuse - particularly in an environment like football, where men are supposed to be strong and manly.

That's because you don't understand the intense feelings of shame and self loathing that are often felt by survivors of abuse - particularly in an environment like football, where men are supposed to be strong and manly.

I do understand but them coming out could maybe have saved it happening to others.

I do understand but them coming out could maybe have saved it happening to others.

So it's the victims' fault is it? Well done for deflecting blame from the perpetrators.

So it's the victims' fault is it? Well done for deflecting blame from the perpetrators.

See post 1.

errrm he is locked up :suspect:

I don't think he's the only one.:rolleyes:

no, i get what he means, if somebody had mentioned it maybe it wouldve been flagged up and saved others the trauma (like if the jimmy saville stuff had been taken seriously in the early days) but having said that like Halibut said, its not easy for the victims with self loathing, feelings of guilt, hate, shame, fear of not not being taken seriously.

remember these are kids, part of the peados trick is to put all the guilt onto the child so they dont tell, they lock it up inside. they feel like if they did tell, they wouldnt be believed anyway.

But its ok us sitting here not being in their shoes, pontificating on what if.....

Edited by melthebell

no, i get what he means, if somebody had mentioned it maybe it wouldve been flagged up and saved others the trauma (like if the jimmy saville stuff had been taken seriously in the early days) but having said that like Halibut said, its not easy for the victims with self loathing, feelings of guilt, hate, shame, fear of not not being taken seriously.

remember these are kids, part of the peados trick is to put all the guilt onto the child so they dont tell, they lock it up inside. they feel like if they did tell, they wouldnt be believed anyway.

But its ok us sitting here not being in their shoes, pontificating on what if.....

Someone mentioned something at Crewe Alexander football club because a coach was sacked there in the late 80's. It was the American authorities who seem to be first ones who took action against the same coach.

I am not sure a morning television show is the correct place for the ex footballers to make allegations and think they should be talking to the Police about any wrong doing.

I admire the bravery of those coming forward more than I can express and I sincerely hope that every effort is made to achieve the right resolution and to change the stoic, silent, negatively masculine culture within football.

A very interesting side issue, however, is why is nobody suggesting that they are doing it for attention or that it was too long ago to do anything about?

It could be worse than that. In an article in the paper yesterday one person who had a near miss suggested that a reason Bennell moved to Crewe was because he'd been rumbled at his previous club. If he had been rumbled then why did that club not report it.

This is Savile all over again.

I admire the bravery of those coming forward more than I can express and I sincerely hope that every effort is made to achieve the right resolution and to change the stoic, silent, negatively masculine culture within football.

A very interesting side issue, however, is why is nobody suggesting that they are doing it for attention or that it was too long ago to do anything about?

An astute observation; no-one's suggesting they did it for money either.