Wales bans E-ciggies from indoor venues.

The Welsh Assembly has extended the smoking ban to include E-cigs, meaning E-cigs cannot be smoked in indoor public places.

Is this a smart move as recommended by the World Health Organisation until the products have been proven safe, or is it an over-reaction?

Will the rest of the UK follow suit as Wales is one of more than 40 countries to make this ban?

Good for the Welsh.

There's obviously a divide on the potential dangers or otherwise of them, but it's still not particularly pleasant to be in a room full of the fug of the revolting things.

It's a mistake; they've decided to do something on supposition rather than hard evidence.

---------- Post added 10-06-2015 at 07:26 ----------

Good for the Welsh.

There's obviously a divide on the potential dangers or otherwise of them, but it's still not particularly pleasant to be in a room full of the fug of the revolting things.

Since I have been in very close company with someone using one and not even smelt it, this sounds like nonsense to me.

Not all of these things smell nice. I used to sit next to someone at work who toked on one of them all day. I dreaded which flavour she was going to buy next. Bubble gum, peach, pina colada and all kind of other really sickly sweet smells. Every few days was a new one and it usually smelled rank.

It's a mistake; they've decided to do something on supposition rather than hard evidence.

---------- Post added 10-06-2015 at 07:26 ----------

Since I have been in very close company with someone using one and not even smelt it, this sounds like nonsense to me.

Oh no. I agree with Halibut.

This is a bunch of morons with nothing better to do in a talking shop that is unnecessary, trying to make a name for themselves.

It will make more people smoke real fags and kill more people. They should be ashamed of themselves.

There didn't used to be evidence that tobaco was bad for you, but banning it 100 years ago would have saved millions of lives.

What about don't use something until it is proven safe, instead of use it until it is proved to be unsafe. If E cigarette manufactures want them to be used they should be duty bound to prove that they are safe before they sell them.

Oh no. I agree with Halibut.

This is a bunch of morons with nothing better to do in a talking shop that is unnecessary, trying to make a name for themselves.

It will make more people smoke real fags and kill more people. They should be ashamed of themselves.

My bold

How did you come to that conclusion?

I don't give a monkeys if they are safe or not. What I don't want is someone filling my air space all day long with what smells like a toilet air freshener or at best cheap children's sweets.

Driving home last night, listening to the news, there was reports about the Welsh wanting to ban e-cigs despite evidence to suggest that it will create more harm to do so, about the Government wanting to ban legal highs despite evidence that it will create more harm harm to do so, finishing with a report about a group of people complaining about Obama drinking beer before noon.

It seems that some people just can't resist telling people how they should be allowed to live their lives.

My bold

How did you come to that conclusion?

Many people smoke ecigs because they do not have to get up from their workstation, go in the lift, down to the bottom of the building out of the door, stand in the rain or wind or some kind of weather (Wales is still in Britain, so there'll be plenty of weather). Go back up back to work to find you've missed an important call.

Might as well have just smoked a proper fag - particularly if the ill-informed are telling you that they are as bad as real fags.

Many people smoke ecigs because they do not have to get up from their workstation, go in the lift, down to the bottom of the building out of the door, stand in the rain or wind or some kind of weather (Wales is still in Britain, so there'll be plenty of weather). Go back up back to work to find you've missed an important call.

Might as well have just smoked a proper fag - particularly if the ill-informed are telling you that they are as bad as real fags.

BeforeI moved desks the lass next to me did that - vaped at her desk all day which was good because she did more work. The downside was the stink and her incessant chat which I never got a break from because she stopped going out for fags.

In my new part of the office the vapers tend to go outside with people who still smoke. The vapers don't smoke any more, just have the same ritual of going out for a natter with their mates.

BeforeI moved desks the lass next to me did that - vaped at her desk all day which was good because she did more work. The downside was the stink and her incessant chat which I never got a break from because she stopped going out for fags.

In my new part of the office the vapers tend to go outside with people who still smoke. The vapers don't smoke any more, just have the same ritual of going out for a natter with their mates.

Point taken. You can't mitigate against the garrulous