Chainsaw advice needed (petrol/electric?)

hi forumers,

i bought a macalister petrol chainsaw from B&Q, with there own 2 stroke oil for it, premixed it correctly, worked fine1st time, ran brilliant, chopped a tree down, had a tea break, and it eventualy re started but was troublsome.

day after just would not start with fresh petrol.

staff at B&Q couldnt start it, so got my money back after being offered a replacement.

was gonna buy an electric one but many mates have advised against getting an electric one,

help!!!! can i have peoples views on this matter as i am considering an electric one for convenience, thanks :help:

i have an electric chain saw,they are not as quick as the petrol,but i think just as good.had 1 new chain in 2 years.

I bought a petrol chainsaw from argos, cost about £90 quid. I took out the extended warranty on it for about an extra £20 for I think it's either two or three years of cover and if anything goes wrong with it you can just take it back and they give you a new one no quibble. It's absolutely brilliant, I'm on my second chainsaw now and am guaranteed a working chainsaw for the duration of the warranty :-)

its really scary that you wrote that in capitals:help:

Got a petrol and and electric always use electric as no hassle. if you get an electric get a powerfull one with 2.200cc motor these are very powerfull and will cut any thing down . Mine are Mcculouch 338cc petrol with easy start and 2 mcculoch 2.200 electric . Why not come and have a look and try them and will sell you one if you want Petrol £80 electric £30 each. One thing about chainsaws is you always want a sharp chain and they are very easy to sharpen yourself takes about 15 mins 07779820168 Sheffield 13

Edited by spider1

I think the use of chain saws of any description ought to be left to the professionals who have completed rhe required safety course and have the required kevlar protective clothing. It tells you something when they won't let you hire one unless you have a certain accreditation. So many things can and do go wrong, chain breaks, kick backs etc.

I think the use of chain saws of any description ought to be left to the professionals who have completed rhe required safety course and have the required kevlar protective clothing. It tells you something when they won't let you hire one unless you have a certain accreditation. So many things can and do go wrong, chain breaks, kick backs etc.

very wise words

Lidls have 2200 w electric chainsaws on offer at the moment for £54.99 with a 3 year manufacturers warranty . They also have electric chain sharpeners at £19.99 . I've just bought one but haven't used it as yet . These are branded Florabest which is Lidls own brand but no doubt made for them , blade is Oregon which seems to be a well known brand .

Lidls have 2200 w electric chainsaws on offer at the moment for £54.99 with a 3 year manufacturers warranty . They also have electric chain sharpeners at £19.99 . I've just bought one but haven't used it as yet . These are branded Florabest which is Lidls own brand but no doubt made for them , blade is Oregon which seems to be a well known brand .

Are they selling the protective clothing gear with it, you're going to need it!

They are selling protective gloves for £6-99 I bought a pair of those . I'll have a look on ebay for the other clothing .

hi forumers,

i bought a macalister petrol chainsaw from B&Q, with there own 2 stroke oil for it, premixed it correctly, worked fine1st time, ran brilliant, chopped a tree down, had a tea break, and it eventualy re started but was troublsome.

day after just would not start with fresh petrol.

staff at B&Q couldnt start it, so got my money back after being offered a replacement.

was gonna buy an electric one but many mates have advised against getting an electric one,

help!!!! can i have peoples views on this matter as i am considering an electric one for convenience, thanks :help:

Why didnt you accept a replacement?.Maybe it was just a faulty one you had.If the replacement conked out too, then you would know its the product.

its really scary that you wrote that in capitals:help:

What in capitals?