! Do You Know This Man? ! Beware

Update: He's eating porridge over Christmas and beyond! :thumbsup:

I hadn't realised he was in trouble.

I had a lucky escape from him a few years ago when he quoted me for some work. if it had been down to me I'd have employed him, but my husband knows a bit abouut construction and the work he said we needed was a complete fairy tale.

I am a firm believer that your actions will eventually catch up with you and I hope that now he is locked up he will start to think about what he has done, although I doubt that this will happen.

Saw the Watchdog programme last night and thought it was really good. There was also a hint that the HSE may well look again into any work on gas appliances since April 2007. The press release also says this

HSE warns people to beware of rogue gas fitters

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is warning of the dangers of having gas work done by unregistered gas installers.

The call follows its prosecution of a Sheffield gas fitter for exposing members of the public to serious risks to their health and safety.

Andrew Goodison, was fined a total of £1,500 and given a three-year conditional discharge at Sheffield Crown Court today (12 December) after pleading guilty to seven breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) was contacted in March 2007 by a Sheffield resident about work on gas appliances at their home carried out by Mr Goodison. HSE's subsequent investigations showed that Andrew Goodison, who trades as RGS Building Services and RGS Electrical and Building, had carried out gas work at five properties in the Sheffield area.

Goodison pleaded guilty to seven charges, six of which related to carrying out gas work without proper accreditation, and one charge for falsely claiming to be a registered gas installer.

After the hearing, HSE inspector Chris Chambers said:

"Andrew Goodison has repeatedly put lives at risk by carrying out gas work without the proper accreditation. The HSE has worked very hard to identify as many of his jobs as possible and would appeal to any person who has had gas work carried out by this man to arrange for a registered installer to check his work to make sure it is safe.

"We would also call on anyone who has had gas work carried out by Mr Goodison since April 2007 to contact the Sheffield Office of the HSE on 0114 291 2332.

"HSE will not hesitate to prosecute individuals who break the law in this way and put people's lives at risk."

:D:o:thumbsup: