ПРИВЕТ,КАК ДЕЛА?

Hi,

An informal group of learners would be interesting. I speak it only very basically (though I can use foul and abusive language better than the useful stuff).

If we got a little group going it could be fun - and I'd maybe ask my wife to supervise!

Ade

My wife, who is from the Ukraine & I are in the Sheffield -Donetsk kruzhok and we meet every month in St. Mathews church hall,Carver St. the last Friday of every month at 19-30.We are a non political-non religious-group.

We usually have someone to give us a talk about things they know about in the eastern european states. We have lots of different nationalities with us who are only too willing to speak Russian.We have Russians,Georgians,Belarussian,Latvian & Ukranian as well as British.Agter the talk which is for about 45min. we then have a get together,tea coffee snacks & sometimes a drop of the bottled dry red stuff.You will be made most welcome & if you are thinking of visiting one of these countries you will be able to get most of the information you need from someone in the group.So see you there.

My nan is Russian and i've been a few times.

I know the alphabet but that's about it, I'd be well up for learning more.

If you want to speak some Russian or just sit & listen to people speaking it learn some of the language come along to the Sheffield Hallam University language exchange which is held in the HUB the silver buildings on Paternoster Row.They were the old sound studios I think.The next exchange is on the 26 April from 18-00 to 20-00. It is free and there will be wine and snacks also free.you can speak any language you want & I am sure there will be someone there who can speak it.