Modern Football .. Pah!

A once great sport.. ruined by money

Man.City v Burnley match was shown live on Australian TV.

I swapped channels to watch Escape To The Country!

Only one team interested in trying to attack these days.

Then that penalty that never was. Total Hollywood job. Shameful to the player and the sport.

Man. City with Aguerro giving the ball away right,left and centre look a class below Bayern,Real and Barcelona.

Walker relies too much on his crazy speed. His crossing is poor at best.

Man.City v Burnley match was shown live on Australian TV.

I swapped channels to watch Escape To The Country!

Only one team interested in trying to attack these days.

These days?

Away teams playing defensively has been going on for a good 50 years.

Poor West Ham fans,they're angry at what their owners are doing.My heart bleeds for them,it's a tragedy.:hihi:

Interesting. Must have been totally different

Chris Coleman asked if Jack Rodwell would feature in next match,he said he doesn't know where he is,Rodwell is on 70k a week.:rant:

Just been looking on the Sky transfer pages and it says Wolves are looking at a 22 year old striker at £33m and a goalkeeper at £30m. I wonder how many players that got Wolves to the PL will be sold. A lot of people talk about players being mercenary and only after the money, it cuts both ways when clubs just move players on because they have reached the PL and have very deep pockets to spend huge amounts on supposedly better players.

I watched the Liverpool v Brighton match on the tv.

Totally one sided farce,72 percent possession.

Problem was Brighton showed way too much respect to the Liverpool defenders by not pressing high as a team,which turned the match in to a stroll for Liverpool.

The two Brighton forwards at times tried to press but were not backed up their midfield who were sitting well behind the half way line.

The Brighton defence sat so deep at all times - talk about surrender before the action even starts. White flag stuff.

No shame to lose badly,but losing in that manner is shameful.

Again,FIFA need to make a rule change fast to stop bore fests like this from continuing.

Two players MUST be in the opponents half at all times.

I watched the Liverpool v Brighton match on the tv.

Totally one sided farce,72 percent possession.

Problem was Brighton showed way too much respect to the Liverpool defenders by not pressing high as a team,which turned the match in to a stroll for Liverpool.

The two Brighton forwards at times tried to press but were not backed up their midfield who were sitting well behind the half way line.

The Brighton defence sat so deep at all times - talk about surrender before the action even starts. White flag stuff.

No shame to lose badly,but losing in that manner is shameful.

Again,FIFA need to make a rule change fast to stop bore fests like this from continuing.

Two players MUST be in the opponents half at all times.

So the other side could push all their outfield players into their opponents half - but the defending side wouldn't be able to pass to the two forwards (except throw ins or goal kicks) as they'd automatically be offside.

The offside rule as it stands at the moment - yes you'd be offside in the above scenario,howeve, were a new rule pushed through by FIFA a line 20-30 yards would be marked either side of the halfway line. Or you could have a invisible line marked by two flags either side of the pitch and enforced by a linesman.

This sort of rule was tried around 30 years ago from memory.

Another possible solution would be to get rid of the offside rule totally whilst still enforcing the two player minimum in opposing teams half.

At the moment in the EPL - matches between the big six tend to be fairly even and enjoyable contests where both teams try and attack,however the vast majority of the matches I've watched between any one of the big six and any one of the other fourteen teams - their strategy seems to be to park the bus.

Many people seem to be content watching this type of one sided football evidenced by the huge crowds.

However,most of the money in the game now comes from Sky Sports etc.

How much longer are people going to subscribe to watching one sided bore fests where only one team is interested in attacking?

Edited by MAC33

Instead of messing with the offside rules, why not award bonus points for away goals - say one for every five goals in the course of the season - or say that in the event of teams being level on points, the one with most away goals finishes highest.

Personally I don't think much has changed over the years anyway - goals per game in the premiership is generally higher than it was in the old first division back in the 70's - I remember no end of away sides setting out their stall for a 0-0 draw - made much easier in that it was much harder to be booked and sent off in those days.

Willian left out of the starting line up for Bakayoko.

Sums up the negativity of some managers.

Such a ridiculous decision i am not putting it beyond the realm of a conspiracy to ensure a Man. Utd win.

Inside Job it may well be.