Punchbowl pub Crookes

It is too big,Crookes is crying out for an Itchy Pig type establishment unless its got one in the last 3 months.

Walkley Beer Co certainly seems to do ok

Do they play loud pop musak? May give a try if they don't. .. and have some nice wine!

Sign in the window says it's opening under new management 4pm on Tuesday. Hope they're planning to carry on with the pizzas.

Sign in the window says it's opening under new management 4pm on Tuesday. Hope they're planning to carry on with the pizzas.

I dont think pubs selling pizza seems to be successful in Sheffield. Certainly the Stone and Taps on West Street didn't last long. For myself, I'd not look to eat these in a pub, but rather find a nice Italian restaurant or take home one of Sainsbury's and pop it in the oven.

Anyone been since they supposedly reopened? Do they still do pizza? I notice the website seems to have disappeared....

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

From what I've heard Greene King Brewery have got a temporary manager in

Guest makapaka

There’s scaffolding just gone up on the front - anyone know what latest plans are?

Apparently been told as I live locally and having ran the pub 2007/09 its got some damp issues, will get to know when work starts will keep you posted.

There’s scaffolding just gone up on the front - anyone know what latest plans are?

I suggest they sort out the pigeons that seem to live on the front of the building. Piles of pigeon poo don't help entice the punters in.

I suggest they sort out the pigeons that seem to live on the front of the building. Piles of pigeon poo don't help entice the punters in.

To be fair I'd probably rather drink pigeon poo than Greene King IPA :D

To be fair I'd probably rather drink pigeon poo than Greene King IPA :D

Too right, one of the worst beers around.

Noticed it was open again yesterday.