Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Loving Vincent 8/10

Beautiful movie fully painted by more than 100 painters.

Blade Runner. I'd never watched this before, but I loved it. The whole landscape of the city that Ridley Scott created was so far ahead of its time and, to the best of my knowledge anyway, THE blueprint for any distopian-future film made since. Very 80s in places, but very 40s noir as well but never really felt dated. I liked the proper 80s synth soundtrack too. A classic. 9/10

Right folks, I watched this again last night, just for the purposes of this review, and to answer my many critics in this thread.

Yes, the special effects were great. . . for 1982 and the film has Ridley Scott's usual attention to detail and vision of the future such as video-calling and er, flying cars (?)

Harrison Ford is absolutely smouldering as Deckard; part Indiana Jones, part Han Solo, pure beefcake :)

But sadly, there just wasn't enough action to keep me interested.

Yes, I'm that shallow.

5/10 from me.

Nice origami though.

Right folks, I watched this again last night, just for the purposes of this review, and to answer my many critics in this thread.

Yes, the special effects were great. . . for 1982 and the film has Ridley Scott's usual attention to detail and vision of the future such as video-calling and er, flying cars (?)

Harrison Ford is absolutely smouldering as Deckard; part Indiana Jones, part Han Solo, pure beefcake :)

But sadly, there just wasn't enough action to keep me interested.

Yes, I'm that shallow.

5/10 from me.

Nice origami though.

Bladerunner 2049 7.5/10

5/10??? for original?, I feel like you've slapped me face..:hihi:

Went to see Bladerunner 2049 last night...a great tribute to the original but like the original i'll need to see it again, and maybe again. Rating the original 5 jokey, i'd suggest not paying to go see the new one..there's even less 'action'.

At the moment i've got the new one at 7.5/10..and i guess it'll increase with further viewings.

1922 8/10

Not an all guns blazing ghost/horror film, but its well shot, atmospheric and really well acted.

Netflix is pulling out all the shots lately.

United 93 - 8/10 - Not seen this for about a decade, its still as intense an experience as on first watch, brilliant film.

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 22:29 ----------

Logan - 8/10 - Really enjoyed this one, a sort of post X-Men with two of the characters past it and hiding away in Mexico, very adult and very violent - good film.

Clown 7.5/10

Way better (and less ridiculous) than I thought it would be. Actually really enjoyed it and Im usually really critical of (and disappointed by) horror films.

If you have a beefy PC, get an Oculus Rift and watch it in a virtual cinema or home cinema.

I watched the original the other evening this way - amazing!

That sounds amazing!

That sounds amazing!

You have to use your imagination a bit but it does look cool.

Just need to win the lottery now.

---------- Post added 28-10-2017 at 19:42 ----------

Thor: Ragnarok - 7.5/10

Trying a little too hard to be Guardians Of The Galaxy for its own good but still very enjoyable if fantastically weird. The film is stolen by the actor doing the voice of some rock creature.

Jigsaw 5/10

Reboot of Saw, not as nearly good as original.

Below average forgettable horror.

America Made 7.5/10

Great film about the flamboyant Barry Seal- CIA operator/drug runner/arms supplier...he was in so deep that I think even he forgot what was real and what wasn't.

Train to Busan 8/10

Korean Zombie film.

I really enjoyed this, theres so much more to it than just the zombies, you actually care about the characters too.

Ive got quite a short attention span so dont always do well with subtitles, but this kept me gripped from start to finish.

Edited by nikki-red

Train to Busan 8/10

Korean Zombie film.

I really enjoyed this, theres so much more to it than just the zombies, you actually care about the characters too.

Ive got quite a short attention span so dont always do well with subtitles, but this kept me gripped from start to finish.

Korean films are in general excellent. The entire 'vengeance' trilogy of which Old Boy is the 2nd it fantastic.