Biggest threat to the planet is..

Especially when the yanks have decided to call their satellite defence system Skynet. Talk about tempting fate or what?! Before you know it we'll be overrun by HK's and T1000's.

Who knows, maybe?

So you are quite happy with all those chemicals falling on you, makes you wonder why the governments bother about pollution, it's harmless.

Pollution exists - I get more than my fair share of car exhaust fumes daily with walking to work and working close to the inner ring road..

The "chemtrails" conspiracy theory, as asserted by MAC33 ie. that evil governments are intentionally depopulating the planet by delibaretly spraying us with chemicals from aircraft is bonkers.

Any further clarity required?

Pollution exists - I get more than my fair share of car exhaust fumes daily with walking to work and working close to the inner ring road..

The "chemtrails" conspiracy theory, as asserted by MAC33 ie. that evil governments are intentionally depopulating the planet by delibaretly spraying us with chemicals from aircraft is bonkers.

Any further clarity required?

Yet they know about the pollution from aircraft and do little about it, 36,000 gallons of fuel for an airliner 10 hour flight, so the conspiracy theory has some merit, though the deliberately spraying us is a little shaky.

So you've seen contrails - big deal :cool:

We get them over here as well - why would they be "spraying" the peat bogs on the Pennines?

I suspect that what you have witnessed is "slagging": the application of calcium, in one form or another. ;)

It increases nutrient availability by raising soil pH, thereby encouraging greater plant vigour and resistance to pathogens. ;)

Edited by Native lad

Contrails are mainly ice crystals made from water vapour - most simply evaporates.

The exhaust gases would disperse throughout the atmosphere. Some very small particles of solids will make there way to earth

In the early days of people voicing their concerns about contrails there were photos available on the net showing planes leaving three vapour trails. Nothing unusual about that except the photos were of planes with only 2 engines.

Read what you like into that.

Feel free to dismiss anything that worried you or you don't understand.

In the early days of people voicing their concerns about contrails there were photos available on the net showing planes leaving three vapour trails. Nothing unusual about that except the photos were of planes with only 2 engines.

I'd imagine the third contrail may have something to do with lavatory contents disposal ... probably slightly yellower in colour to the other two? ;)

Research at more than 60 protected areas in Germany suggests flying insects have declined by 76% over almost 30 years. Here in the UK where we have missed our quality standards for years, things could be worse. We are all doomed!! Never mind climate change, that will get us in a few hundred years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41670472

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0185809

Humans are consuming hundreds of wild animals “to extinction” for meat, ornaments, medicines and pets, according to scientists.

A global crisis sparked by unregulated or illegal hunting and trapping means 301 different species – from monkeys to bats – are now in danger, a new study claims.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/hundreds-animal-species-consumed-extinction-a7369421.html

The sun going out.

Angel1.

Won't happen for around 5 billion years. I think there are more pressing threats...

---------- Post added 20-10-2017 at 18:26 ----------

Feel free to believe what real scientists say about it rather than idiot conspiracy freaks on Youtube.

Edited by Halibut