Inappropriate music in cars

I once knew someone who, on a driving test was told by the examiner to park up and leave the car, and they had to walk back to the test centre. He said he was a danger on the road.

Mind you, that was nothing to do with loud music. he 'was' a really crap driver.

If he was that bad makes you wonder why his instructer told him to go for his test ?

Go on, I'll bite.

As you're still under instruction, and thus an inexperienced driver, you should be focusing solely upon learning about driving (in context, the auditory aspect of it: engine/gearbox/car noises, road noises, ambient noises) and listening to your instructor, not to a car radio.

Your finding a journey "a bit boring after a few minutes" says all that needs to be said, tbh.

Even once experienced, turning the volume "really loud" dims your perception of your environment and your reaction times.

If your driving instructor didn't tell you as much, change your driving instructor.

There, argument settled.

Maybe you should read this:

joke

dʒəʊk

noun

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

"she was in a mood to tell jokes"

synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry;

verb

make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.

"she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"

synonyms: tell jokes, crack jokes;

Maybe you should read this:
The thread was not started in the I'm bored section, was it?

Maybe you should acquaint yourself with:

courtesy

/ˈkəːtɪsi/

noun

noun: courtesy; plural noun: courtesies

1. the showing of politeness in one's attitude and behaviour towards others.

"he treated the players with courtesy and good humour"

synonyms: politeness, courteousness, good manners, civility, respect, respectfulness, deference, chivalry, gallantry, good breeding, gentility, graciousness, kindness, consideration, thought, thoughtfulness, cordiality, geniality, affability, urbanity, polish, refinement, courtliness, decorousness, tact, discretion, diplomacy;

If he was that bad makes you wonder why his instructer told him to go for his test ?

I'm pretty sure he had a 'mate' teach him (not a good idea) and put in for the test off his own bat.

The thread was not started in the I'm bored section, was it?

Maybe you should acquaint yourself with:

courtesy

/ˈkəːtɪsi/

noun

noun: courtesy; plural noun: courtesies

1. the showing of politeness in one's attitude and behaviour towards others.

"he treated the players with courtesy and good humour"

synonyms: politeness, courteousness, good manners, civility, respect, respectfulness, deference, chivalry, gallantry, good breeding, gentility, graciousness, kindness, consideration, thought, thoughtfulness, cordiality, geniality, affability, urbanity, polish, refinement, courtliness, decorousness, tact, discretion, diplomacy;

Thank you for your kind post.

Indeed not in I'm bored, but its still a joke . I mean do you really thing the CD was actually played in real life?

Thank you for your time

Edited by TimmyR

Thank you for your kind post.

Indeed not in I'm bored, but its still a joke . I mean do you really thing the CD was actually played in real life?

Thank you for your time

Surely a joke should be amusing. This was just drivel, posted for reasons I can't fathom.

Hey friends. Thanks for your advice hitherto. Very useful suggestions by some of you such as:

Next time, just roll all windows down and put "Hit em up"

from 2Pac on maximum volume.

Bring a Kenny G cd and a pair of sunglasses.

I think both you and your instructor should listen to the smooth tunes of the saxophone king next time you’re driving around the streets of Sheffield with the sun in your eyes

These are both good suggestions. Maybe Kenny G for the first half hour to ease me into the lesson and then 2Pac Shaker for the 2nd half of the lesson when I’m nicely fired up and ready to put my peggle to the meggle as they say in the film. Thanks to yous.

However:

All his posts are the same...... not worth reading. :loopy:

Surely a joke should be amusing. This was just drivel, posted for reasons I can't fathom.

These bits of advice are not helpful to nobody so I respeckfully refrain from hijacking my thread just to make you feel big and ‘ard. Cheers pal.

Humour is a complex thing. Perhaps you don't find it amusing but others may do. I chuckled when I read the OP, but I don't want OhMyWord to get big headed, it was only a very minor chuckle, not a deep belly laugh or anything.

Humour is a complex thing. Perhaps you don't find it amusing but others may do. I chuckled when I read the OP, but I don't want OhMyWord to get big headed, it was only a very minor chuckle, not a deep belly laugh or anything.

:hihi::hihi: don't encourage him timmy.

No, please do encourage him! He's a troll, but a big friendly one. Always makes us smile.