Krynkl, Shalesmoor

As for Joro on the ground floor...well, I haven't tried that yet. There's obviously a demand for it as reservations are required weeks ahead. Just glancing at the menu it looks interesting and different, and it's got some very good reviews in the Good Food Guide - which is testament to the quality of food they are turning out. Although some of the negative reviews about service are a concern.

:huh:

Trust me, you wouldn't like it.

Guest makapaka
Was in there last night. I have to say, I like it. Sheffield has nothing else remotely like it and it's good to see something new and rather arty and creative in the city - at least I think it is, although I do appreciate I may be in the minority saying this.

The open roof top bar had a feel of similar bars that I've experienced abroad and the place was buzzing. Cocktails were good and the continental beers on draft just added to the continental feel of the place. Seats were comfy, wall heaters were on, music was playing. I couldn't believe this was happening in Sheffield. An outdoor roof top bar with a good crowd, good range of drinks and a really nice vibe to it.

As for Joro on the ground floor...well, I haven't tried that yet. There's obviously a demand for it as reservations are required weeks ahead. Just glancing at the menu it looks interesting and different, and it's got some very good reviews in the Good Food Guide - which is testament to the quality of food they are turning out. Although some of the negative reviews about service are a concern.

The tasting menu is listed as £55 per head for 10 courses - but that doesn't include drinks. Usually with a tasting menu a "wine flight" is offered for an additional surcharge. This is where they match the wine to the courses - I've tried this a few times in other restaurants and I think it's a great way to enjoy different types of wine and food together. However, at Joro, it's not clear exactly what they are offering. It is described as "drinks flight", not "wine flight", so that could be anything couldn't it? And it's an extra £45 a head for that. I'd want to be assured I was getting wine and not just any drink, for that. And my suspicions are raised somewhat by some shocking reviews about this place of what appears to be underhand practice and poor customer service:

One guy claims he ordered a bottle of wine at £23 - (obviously cheapest on the menu). They told him they hadn't got any. So he went for wine by the glass instead. They then served him the same wine that they refused to sell him by the bottle and charged him £8 a glass for 100ml. In other words, they wouldn't sell him a bottle of this wine for £23 but they'd let him buy it by the glass at £8 - which (given that a bottle of wine is 750 ml) means that he'd be paying the equivalent of £60 for it instead! Another guy complains that the waiter constantly referred to him as "pal" rather than "Sir". I must admit, both those things would annoy me as well, in a place that purports to be a top restaurant. So maybe I'm better staying on the top floor of that building and enjoying the continental atmosphere?

:huh:

Why would a waiter calling you pal bother you?

Sounds a bit pretentious to me

Because he's not my "pal".

I currently work for HMRC, if I referred to you as "mate" or "pal" or "chum" it would not be professional. Likewise in a restaurant that is trying too hard.

Alright mucker?

Guest makapaka
Because he's not my "pal".

I currently work for HMRC, if I referred to you as "mate" or "pal" or "chum" it would not be professional. Likewise in a restaurant that is trying too hard.

Alright mucker?

It wouldn’t bother me in either instance really. I suppose HMRC possibly being what it is but you can’t really compare the tax office with a restaurant in shalesmoor can you?

What is the waiter / waitress supposed to call you?

It wouldn’t bother me in either instance really. I suppose HMRC possibly being what it is but you can’t really compare the tax office with a restaurant in shalesmoor can you?

What is the waiter / waitress supposed to call you?

Sir/Madam.................................................................

Was in there last night. I have to say, I like it. Sheffield has nothing else remotely like it and it's good to see something new and rather arty and creative in the city - at least I think it is, although I do appreciate I may be in the minority saying this.

The open roof top bar had a feel of similar bars that I've experienced abroad and the place was buzzing. Cocktails were good and the continental beers on draft just added to the continental feel of the place. Seats were comfy, wall heaters were on, music was playing. I couldn't believe this was happening in Sheffield. An outdoor roof top bar with a good crowd, good range of drinks and a really nice vibe to it.

I quite like it as a venue, it's just a shame about the boring beer selection.

Guest makapaka
Sir/Madam.................................................................

Imagine wanting to be called “sir” just cos youre buying a meal out.

Gee whizz.

Well we tried too book a table at the restaurant in there recently ! It was a last minute thing for my girlfriends birthday ! Anyways all I kept getting was an answering machine ? so I left a voicemail ! Hoping they’d get back too me .... so 2 weeks later I got a call back from them saying that they’d be booked up solid for the next 2 weeks hahahaha !!!