Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

26-09-2017, 10:28   #321
Michael_W

Total Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackydog View Post
TBF their defence reminded me of ours under Adkins. But we took our chances well however they offered themselves. This was a humiliation for Wednesday on pretty much all levels, the football, the pre-match expectations and the eventual bragging rights (Bouncing day massacre will live on for ever) so you got to expect them to be looking for some chinks of light, however hopeful they are.
It goes around in circles fella, I was there when you did the same thing to us under Bassett 91-92 season, 2-0 at your place and 3-1 at ours, we had the best team there has been at S6 in my lifetime back then, but you did us, we got over it, we finished 3rd in the league and beat you the season after in the Wembley semi final.
Enjoy your moment, we will have to take it on the chin, that's how it goes until next time it get's reversed, for now you can all be as smug as you like, it won't last forever though UTO !
_______
DISBELIEVING THE HYPE AND KEEPING IT REAL ... IMHO !
26-09-2017, 10:40   #322
top4718

Total Posts: 9,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Loving View Post
Sunday's team sheet did in fact prove you were wrong. And that, is a fact

Sharp on the bench and Donaldson nowhere to be seen.

As for the performance, we've been better than that, but we were certainly by far a better team.
The owls had a good 15 minutes in the second half, but even in that time we had a fantastic chance to score again.

1 team wanted it, the other team didn't (except for Hooper and bannan).
1 manager had his tactics right, the other mamager hadn't done his homework correctly.

Seeing the comments from owls, saying they can't name any players for us, show how much they know of their surroundings I'm this league and their naivety of other teams.

The amount of posts I've seen online regarding how we will be put in out place etc. Well this has made it all the more sweeter.

It's another 3 points. Thank you very much
Fair enough, I don't shy away from being wrong like some.

I don't know many united players either to be fair, I don't know many Chezzy or Donny players either, they are not my team and until two months ago not playing in the same division.
26-09-2017, 10:52   #323
blackydog

Total Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1-0 View Post
The reason i dont know many United players is not me being disrespectful to their ability...its because i'm a Wednesdayite...why would i know or want to know who plays for United..?..

I accept,we were well beaten on Sunday but its all about 46 games not the first 8 or 9...
Pick you up on both points if i may. I am a Blade (obviously) but have seen Wednesday a few times and know quite a few of your players, although I accept you have "bigger" names in your squad. I can't believe you didn't watch United prior to Sunday, to see what you would be up against.
On the second point, Wednesday have been slow starters and i got the impression this season, you would be quicker out of the blocks to try and confirm that elusive 2nd place?

On another note and as i said i have seen Wednesday a few times (hence my previous comments about Hutchinson) and if I was an owl, I would be absolutely livid that you have no idea which Wednesday are going to turn up.
From champions elect almost (Newcastle last season) to the shambles, especially in defence this Sunday.
_______
Brooks, Brooks will tear you apart again - UTB
26-09-2017, 11:08   #324
Sheridan1-0

Total Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Pick you up on both points if i may. I am a Blade (obviously) but have seen Wednesday a few times and know quite a few of your players, although I accept you have "bigger" names in your squad. I can't believe you didn't watch United prior to Sunday, to see what you would be up against.
On the second point, Wednesday have been slow starters and i got the impression this season, you would be quicker out of the blocks to try and confirm that elusive 2nd place?

On another note and as i said i have seen Wednesday a few times (hence my previous comments about Hutchinson) and if I was an owl, I would be absolutely livid that you have no idea which Wednesday are going to turn up.
From champions elect almost (Newcastle last season) to the shambles, especially in defence this Sunday.
Its just me...i've never been interested in United or who plays for them..i've not watched any of your games live or on TV for years...other than when they play Wednesday...why would i..?....

To be honest,i expected Wednesday to be challenging for the top 2 places this season...Carlos has had long enough to build his team into one that challenges for automatic rather than just a top six place..although still a long way to go this season..

I think the next two games could be pivotal for Wednesday's season and no doubt Carlos will be under extreme pressure if 2 more defeats follow Sunday's non-performance.

Chuffing football ...builds you up and knocks you down on a regular basis
26-09-2017, 11:13   #325
top4718

Quote:

To be fair that defensive performance was completely out of character and the worst I've seen for years at S6.
26-09-2017, 12:41   #326
pintor

Total Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
To be fair that defensive performance was completely out of character and the worst I've seen for years at S6.
Embarrassing, the video doing the rounds will haunt you!,The Bouncing day Massacre!😂😂
26-09-2017, 12:43   #327
top4718

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintor View Post
Embarrassing, the video doing the rounds will haunt you!,The Bouncing day Massacre!😂😂
It wont haunt me mate, I'm a bit long in the tooth for all that, very unhappy with the result but I'll await the response from SWFC.
26-09-2017, 12:58   #328
sheff66

Total Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintor View Post

4-2 is hardly a massacre 4-0 is though
26-09-2017, 13:46   #329
petcharlie

Total Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff66 View Post
4-2 is hardly a massacre 4-0 is though
Yes I know what you mean.Wilder this morning says he is disappointed with how many chances the Blades had and how many they put away.
26-09-2017, 14:36   #330
sheff66

Total Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by petcharlie View Post
Yes I know what you mean.Wilder this morning says he is disappointed with how many chances the Blades had and how many they put away.
Lets be reight they should have had five or six easily the difference was huge , they didn't it was a two goal difference lots of derby games have been won by two

There is still the away leg and we wont be that bad again
26-09-2017, 14:48   #331
petcharlie

Total Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff66 View Post
Lets be reight they should have had five or six easily the difference was huge , they didn't it was a two goal difference lots of derby games have been won by two

There is still the away leg and we wont be that bad again
You hope.Looking at the pre match views from the owls they only had to turn up.You lot have been warned for weeks what to expect but you lot just laughed it off saying we are a pub team and how we will struggle in this league.We have no skill and we depend on work rate only and that is not enough in this league .Well what a shock you had .Fleck and Company ran the mid field and the young lad turned you inside out as did Duffy when he came on.

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 14:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by petcharlie View Post
I think if Sharpe had played the score line would have had a more realistic look about it.
26-09-2017, 16:23   #332
NERVY-OWL

Total Posts: 11,489
Quote:

I'm with sheri, I've never actually seen you play other than goal highlights so I wouldn't of had a clue how you play and and although I know a few players names and the odd positions they play thats about it.
It is frustrating not knowing which team is going to turn up, if we had played like we did in the first 20 minutes of the second half for 60/70 minutes of the game I'm sure the result would of been more favourable but thats football, a strong performance against brum will go some way to healing the wounds
26-09-2017, 16:57   #333
pintor

Total Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by NERVY-OWL View Post
I'm with sheri, I've never actually seen you play other than goal highlights so I wouldn't of had a clue how you play and and although I know a few players names and the odd positions they play thats about it.
It is frustrating not knowing which team is going to turn up, if we had played like we did in the first 20 minutes of the second half for 60/70 minutes of the game I'm sure the result would of been more favourable but thats football, a strong performance against brum will go some way to healing the wounds
You should beat Brum, 1point from last 4 games and second from bottom
26-09-2017, 17:59   #334
bassett one

Total Posts: 2,139
the problem I have noticed that no one mentions ,have you noticed a problem if the owls have to play more than 1 game a week,is it tiredness due to tempo of the way we play or the age of squad,any one else noticed.
_______
next event lowedges xmas market sun dec 3rd 12noon-4pm don't miss it
26-09-2017, 18:32   #335
OPEN BORDERS

Total Posts: 1,179
Anyone seen Carlos and the 20 note yet ?
Pure comedy gold.
Somebody please post a link so everybody can enjoy it.
Like to know what some of you Wednesdayites think of it.
26-09-2017, 18:39   #336
Ridgewalk

Total Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPEN BORDERS View Post
Pure comedy gold.

A bit worried about his mental,state to be honest.
26-09-2017, 18:47   #337
speedy69

Total Posts: 5,382
Quote:
Pure comedy gold.
It's quite comical, I do wish he (and the players) would have shown the same passion on Sunday though
_______
"So MASSIVE the Owls are the only club you can see from outer space"
26-09-2017, 18:52   #338
OPEN BORDERS

Total Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
It's quite comical, I do wish he (and the players) would have shown the same passion on Sunday though
Yeah, that was my initial thought.
Obviously the pressure eventually got to him
26-09-2017, 19:33   #339
Longy67

Total Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1-0 View Post
Always easy after the event eh..?
I thought the emojis cleary indicated that i was making a joke...
_______
ONCE A BLADE, ALWAYS A BLADE...AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

I AM the voice of reason...
26-09-2017, 19:53   #340
NERVY-OWL

Total Posts: 11,489
Quote:
Pure comedy gold.
I saw it earlier and haven't got a clue what point he was trying to make
Reply To Topic