Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

On here win, lose or draw.

I was quietly confident we'd win today, although with a derby you never know. I thought the selected team was the right one and looked forward to the game. Brooks did very well to win the free kick, ran across the edge of the box waiting for the touch that duly arrived, well worked free kick 0-1. Surely we can rally and come back from this, had a reasonable few minutes before united again capitalised on poor defending and Leon Clarke ffs makes it 2. It was important that we got one back before HT but united looked dangerous every time they got the ball down the right (with hindsight Pudil for Reach might have been better option), Hooper with a great finish clawed one back on the stroke of half time - game on. As expected second half we came out firing, although united did still look good on the break. A great finish by sub Joao, the game at 2-2 - surely we can go on to win it, one minute later our defence makes LC look like Ronaldo and its 2-3, a fourth soon after virtually ended the contest with 10 to play.

A shocker really against our bitterest rivals, defence all at sea, the midfield didn't perform and only Gary Hooper with his 5th goal in 5 really shone.

Two big matches coming up and the Leeds game could be a decider for CC's reign.

Who are you Tony Pritchett ? We've all seen the game, we don't need a blow by blow description

Who are you Tony Pritchett ? We've all seen the game, we don't need a blow by blow description

Well don't read it then.

Well don't read it then.

2-4 Benidorm

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 21:14 ----------

Well don't read it then.

It is at least readable :wink::wink:

I presume you were at the match ?

That'll be loovens that wouldn't have got in today, new lad & best defender in championship according to most owls, it's a hard thing to do but go on for once in your life admit it You Lost to a better team!

If Loovens and Hutchinson had been fit today they would both have started ..

Nice to see one of the Blades U14's get man of the match.

Some player that Brooks

:o

he looked young, didnt think he was that young tho

Can Carlos survive this ? Hope so

Hes 20, we signed him from Man Citys Academy in 2014.

but who do you get instead? its a lottery

Good question.i really don't know... I hope I'm wrong but the next two games are potentially make or break for Carlos... the lack of performance today has put him in a difficult situation..

Bet he struggles ordering a pint.

Good question.i really don't know... I hope I'm wrong but the next two games are potentially make or break for Carlos... the lack of performance today has put him in a difficult situation..

So if Carlos goes who's the replacement ? Nigel Pearson just got another job but there is still Steve McClaren and David Moyes out there.

Wouldn't have made a difference. We play how the manager wants us to play. We're slow, unbalanced, have no plan B, and defensively all over the place. Hooper and Fletcher have been doing the business despite the midfield, not because of it.

Lot of rubbish spoken about passion, thats a given, wasn't lack of effort. We've stagnated since Hull in playoffs and today were well beaten by a better footballing side, 4-2 flattered us.

Wouldn't have made a difference. We play how the manager wants us to play. We're slow, unbalanced, have no plan B, and defensively all over the place. Hooper and Fletcher have been doing the business despite the midfield, not because of it.

Lot of rubbish spoken about passion, thats a given, wasn't lack of effort. We've stagnated since Hull in playoffs and today were well beaten by a better footballing side, 4-2 flattered us.

I think that's a very fair assessment. United has their 2 first choice strikers out injured as well. But in fairness I don't think we could have asked for anything more out of Brooks & Clarke. Just hope we can hang onto Brooks as if he keeps playing like that I can't see him staying. Young Hirst must be looking on a little green eyed as both played really well for England.