Patisserie Valerie experience

Iv been in twice and had awful experiences both times.

Today I stood Waiting at the the “wait to be seated” sign for 15 minutes whilst the ample staff walked up and down the shop doing anything but come over to serve me. I ended up walking out of there as I didn’t want to wait any longer and found it really rude.

My first experience wasn’t much better but I did eventually get served that time at least!.

Anyone else had this?

I was really surprised at how bad it was for me I thought it would be really nice there.

I was really surprised at how bad it was for me I thought it would be really nice there.

Didn't realise this was a chain until recently.

We went in soon after it opened (as the cakes in the window looked nice) and immediately hated the 'being seated' routine. I'm only having a cup of tea/coffee! That's not the cafe experience I want so we walked out and have never been to any of their outlets.

Today I stood Waiting at the the “wait to be seated” sign for 15 minutes whilst the ample staff walked up and down the shop doing anything but come over to serve me.

I ended up walking out of there as I didn’t want to wait any longer and found it really rude.

It's always the human element that disappoints. Antonia costs £7.50 per hour (excluding common sense).

Drop the company an email and give them your feedback. If you're lucky they might even say thank you!

https://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

The one in Lincoln needed a good clean! And they had run out of white sugar packets. I suggest that Tesco was 5 doors away why not buy a few bags and dispense it in to cups as makeshift sugar bowls but they said they were not allowed! £14 for two cups of tea, 2 strawberry tarts which were quite nice to be honest. Would not rush back.