NHS Dentist - Issues with crown

Hi folks (again). Went to dentist yesterday and the X-ray he took last week came back without any problems. I asked him about the slight pain under the crown/cap and all he did was to give me a prescription to sort it out.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I think it's just too much work for him to re-align the crown to where it was originally. The sad thing is, it was him that that did it in the first place.

Do you think I was fobbed off?

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 15:42 ----------

A quick question: If the dentist refuses to re-align or do a new crown, would I have any rights to complain to the NHS?

Hi all

Just a quick question as per the thread title. The only way I can speak to my (NHS) dentist is if I make an appointment. Once I'm there, if I ask for some advice about procedures and costs, will I be charged for that?

Thanks.

I would imagine reception will give you free advice, however if you need an examination it will cost you £20.

I would imagine reception will give you free advice, however if you need an examination it will cost you £20.

If the reception feel they can't give any info and I ask the dentist, for example, if he could either replace or adjust a crown tooth, will there be a charge?

I won't even sit in the chair. All this will be done by just standing next to him.

I think he would insist that he needs a look, that would be classed as an examination.

I go every 6 months , 5 mins it takes him £20 40p rip of I'm afraid.

I would imagine you would have to make an appointment to speak to the dentist which is taking an appointment from someone else who needs an examination or work so you will be charged, I assume

If the reception feel they can't give any info and I ask the dentist, for example, if he could either replace or adjust a crown tooth, will there be a charge?

I won't even sit in the chair. All this will be done by just standing next to him.

You're still taking up his time.

I think he would insist that he needs a look, that would be classed as an examination.

I go every 6 months , 5 mins it takes him £20 40p rip of I'm afraid.

You can ask them to extend the appointments to once every 12months if your teeth seem alright. You might even be able to extend it to 24 months but iam not sure on this.

Of course you will. Whatever you ask, dentist must take a look. Than you flash your card.

" Band 1: £20.60 covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish and planning for further treatment. "

So, yes.

Hi all.

Got an appointment in a few days time for the dentist to look at my old crown. At the moment there's a bit of a gap between the two front teeth (the other tooth being the crown).

If the dentist replaces it, will it be done in such a way that it closes that gap?

Or will he just realign the current crown to make it touch the other one? - There's slight pain at the moment due to it having moved over the years, hence the formation of the gap.

I went to see him about 6 weeks ago and after taking an X-ray a week before, he said it was fine and just prescribed me some tablets which didn't work. He thought it was an infection of some sort.

I also had a filling done at the time which was really neither here nor there. The thing is, since I paid for that particular treatment, will I have to do so again, in full, for a new crown? - Or will he minus the cost that I'd already paid about 6 weeks ago?

Thanks.

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 18:30 ----------

Hi again.

Went to dentist today and from the X-ray he took last week, he said there's no major issue with the tooth underneath the crown. He said he didn't really want to mess with it (the crown) and to just live with the mild pain.

Was he right in saying that?