Dont drink in pregnancy!

I see your persecution complex is alive and kicking...

My last words with you on here, Ive noticed many times you don't comment on Topics you just rake through this site looking to attack someone, you even tried it on the fishing section,:gag: you seem to get away with it, your sucking up must work. I wont even read your provoking replies any more. PS, many forum users have stopped posting on here because of your antics. END OF.

If women cant stop smokin and boozing for 9 months they cant care about their babies. Shame on them. :rant:

If dads can't stop drinking and boozing for 9 months to support their pregnant partner they can't care about their baby. Shame on them. :roll:

In fact lets take it a step further. Anyone who drinks or smokes or doesn't eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, has no more than 2 portions of red meat a week, eats processed foods, anything microwaved, anything deep fried, doesn't exercise for 30 mins 5 days a week whilst avoiding too much running, plays contact sports, has a desk job, uses a computer for more than 4 hours a day or was unfortunate enough to be born with hereditary cancer genes can't care for themselves. Shame on them.

Edited by sgtkate

My last words with you on here, Ive noticed many times you don't comment on Topics you just rake through this site looking to attack someone, you even tried it on the fishing section,:gag: you seem to get away with it, your sucking up must work. I wont even read your provoking replies any more. PS, many forum users have stopped posting on here because of your antics. END OF.

Oooh, you are funny when you get angry!

There is no evidence to support the suggestion that neither alcohol nor smoking do not harm a foetus.

Therefore the safest lifestyle is to absolve from smoking and drinking whilst pregnant.

Should you choose to drink or smoke, it is up to you.

As long as I continue to see foetal alcohol damaged children, I will recommend abstinence. It is a "spectrum" but the only way to be sure is zero intake.

I agree entirely :)

I know that sounds like a contradiction, but I believe that we (the societal 'we') just put such a set of impossible rules in front of women who are pregnant that above all else we need to be respectful and stay on the side of only being factual when facts exist. This was my disagreement with the concept of shaming women who don't comply with any rule.

Until you've been there, the whole idea that all of a sudden your body is not your own and the world (and yes, strangers do think that they are entitled to come to feel your bump) now has the right to judge you because you have the temerity to drink tea, or eat something sugary, or whatever, it's just overwhelming.

Add to that the hormone fairy, feeling absolutely appalling and so tired you could sleep for weeks and it just not relenting even though people think that it all gets better after the first trimester, and basically it can be a seriously stressful and tough time.

Pregnancy isn't 'wonderful' for an awful lot of women who are going through it. For many it's an endurance event, to be persisted with only because of what will hopefully come out healthy at the end.

The rules on what you may, may not and 'we thought you could but now you can't' or 'we stopped you before but now need you to' eat and drink are confusing even to intelligent women, and I'd just like for official advice to be as clear as possible but the rest of the world to stop believing that they can judge strangers for not being perfect.

I agree entirely that it would be great to completely eradicate foetal alcohol syndrome. Statistically that won't be possible though, partly due to women drinking alcohol who don't know that they're pregnant (and they will already judge themselves for the rest of their lives) and partly due to women who are alcoholic not having the ability to control their alcohol intake. For these women there is evidence that judging their drinking just leads to them hiding either the drinking or the pregnancy until the damage is done and nobody can change anything.

This forum isn't in the habit of shaming people for not being perfect and I'd like you to take a step back please.

Ha ha ha, funniest thing I've read today! :)

Many women do not realise they are pregnant until the third month. By that time they will have carried on with their usual drinking pattern. Scaremongering advice about the possibility of alcohol having harmed their baby leads to many unnecessary terminations of wanted children, and a great deal of guilt and sadness.