Uber Vs normal Taxi co,s experience which is better/cheaper?

i understand your position but like i said from my personal experience and i may not have had the pleasure of you driving me? i have found that every Uber driver and car i have been in so far has been far cleaner, newer and more friendly than normal cab drivers, i asked one driver how many Uber there were in Sheffield now and he said its growing day by day?? i dont know if thats right or not but i do know its a far more convenient service, order by app and drivers get to you quickly and so far we have not had to wait more than 2 mins. this is the way taxis will go its patently obvious.

re the licencing that is something i dont know about

I appreciate your perspective and our trade dispute with Uber is very much only limited to the taxi trade and technically how jobs are despatched and who according to the law is supposed to accept the booking, the company or the driver, but that is legal stuff not for this forum. The list of court cases against them should be an indication not of their popularity but their cavalier attitude towards rule of law and established regulation developed over the years for safety of the public from unscrupulous taxi drivers. I also accept you have had a better experience from some uber drivers but that is more coincidence than training as their qualification is no superior to any other Sheffield licensed drivers. As for their success after two yeas of being in Sheffield they are still offering £150 to drivers and £150 to who ever refers the driver, that is desperation and not a sign of a growing company that is in demand. City and other companies have grown and increased their market share, with a couple of Rotherham companies also setting up office here. They are all now offering app based service and all offer payment by card very much like Uber. A new app is due to be launched "Riide" which is just like uber only using locally licensed drivers so things are already tough and set likely to get tougher come September when Riide is launched. Anyway you must use who ever provides you a service to your liking, I merely wanted to point out the anomalies in the claim that somehow drivers are different to regular taxi drivers.

---------- Post added 29-06-2017 at 16:45 ----------

SheffTF we meet again! How's my brother from another mother doing? ;)

Doing well thanks, hope you are well and not too inconvenienced by my setting the record straight ?

Hi everyone.

I'm unsure as if its just me but I have been a long time uber user as I prefer paying by card. I have tested some local cab firms in Sheffield and have found uber now is more expensive? I can remember originally they had the best prices but now it seems to cost more than everyone else.

Has anyone come to this conclusion or is it just me?

Before anyone comments exclude surcharge times and even during empty road times.

Thanks

Uber is £1.30/mile (minimum fare £3.50p)

City is £1.40/mile (minimum fare £3.80p)

Hi everyone.

I'm unsure as if its just me but I have been a long time uber user as I prefer paying by card. I have tested some local cab firms in Sheffield and have found uber now is more expensive? I can remember originally they had the best prices but now it seems to cost more than everyone else.

Has anyone come to this conclusion or is it just me?

Before anyone comments exclude surcharge times and even during empty road times.

Thanks

no not found that at all, uber still cheaper and more convenient.

.. and soon to be cleaner option too!

All Uber customers got an email today announcing that Uber in London will be 100% electric by 2019, with the rest of the country hitting that target by 2022.

I used to use City but i use Uber now.

The app is really good and i dont like messing about with cash when paying for a taxi.

And they are cheaper too.

Poober may be cheaper at the moment but remember they are subsiding your fare ,they are actually loosing millons . please look into their finances.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 22:55 ----------

All Uber customers got an email today announcing that Uber in London will be 100% electric by 2019, with the rest of the country hitting that target by 2022.

And if they continue to flood the market with drivers who is going to be able to afford an electric car?.oh I know ,poober will put you in touch with another shark who will lease you a car then you will be working for even less!

Poober may be cheaper at the moment but remember they are subsiding your fare ,they are actually loosing millons . please look into their finances.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 22:55 ----------

And if they continue to flood the market with drivers who is going to be able to afford an electric car?.oh I know ,poober will put you in touch with another shark who will lease you a car then you will be working for even less!

the old style taxi days are numbered and rightly so, Uber works very well for me and others that i have recommended them to.

Poober will go up and then down just like any other private hire firm.another kid on the block will come along , always depressing drivers earnings.

I've noticed there are already lots of electric cars as taxis in Sheffield, regardless of whatever Uber might be doing in London. Lots of Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius on the roads here.

I've noticed there are already lots of electric cars as taxis in Sheffield, regardless of whatever Uber might be doing in London. Lots of Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius on the roads here.

Yes and the new electric black cab tx5 is out now at £55000. The authorities are going to help us pay for it !, NOT

Yes and the new electric black cab tx5 is out now at £55000. The authorities are going to help us pay for it !, NOT

you need to do a few more hours and work a bit harder:hihi: