45 new bums in The House of Lords

he's got a long way to go as blair appointed around 400, mostly from labour's ranks.

So does that make it alright ,we are talking about the rights and wrongs of an obsolete old boy's club being used as a cynical political weapon. Blair was like all the rest, a self serving hypocrite.

If this system didn't exist and somebody proposed it you would think they were mad. The Church of England, a completely unelected body even gets to send people there. We've also got the political cronies and politicians who've already paid back £55K in over claimed expenses, in some countries all the lot of them would have criminal records, even if they didn't fiddle themselves they knew the others were at it and did everything possible to cover it up, I believe in France it's a crime not to report a crime.

Lord Kinnock, Lord Prescott, Lord Hague. What's all that about?

A few years ago princess Anne's hairdresser got an MBE,WHAT! She's had the same hairstyle since 1960, when prince Edward appears in uniform he's got more medals than Kenny Everett used to have when he played the American General, he must have been brave that two weeks he was in the army.

Then we have deserving cases who do charity work for years And get nothing,

The man with the pram in Sheffield should have got a knighthood years ago.

On a lighter note and I know he does a lot of charity work, but I would take Lenny Henry's knighthood away, he's put me off Premier Inns for life, who wants to stay in a hotel with a bloke snoring in the next room through paper thin walls.

An absolute bargin, where else could you spend just short of a quarter of a million pounds a day for such skills as the Lords contribute.

Meanwhile in the real world, it's simply jobs for the boys/girls, an utter disgrace.

Do a days work while on the plonk and "they" can't prosecute you quickly enough, but 826 Parasites share £250,000 a day and we all smile while it happens.

Angel1.

Speaking of Plonk Angel, this'll make your blood boil!

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/if-you-want-to-see-the-gap-between-the-house-of-lords-and-reality-for-yourself-then-just-look-at-their-champagne-budget-9910611.html

If this system didn't exist and somebody proposed it you would think they were mad. The Church of England, a completely unelected body even gets to send people there. We've also got the political cronies and politicians who've already paid back £55K in over claimed expenses, in some countries all the lot of them would have criminal records, even if they didn't fiddle themselves they knew the others were at it and did everything possible to cover it up, I believe in France it's a crime not to report a crime.

Lord Kinnock, Lord Prescott, Lord Hague. What's all that about?

A few years ago princess Anne's hairdresser got an MBE,WHAT! She's had the same hairstyle since 1960, when prince Edward appears in uniform he's got more medals than Kenny Everett used to have when he played the American General, he must have been brave that two weeks he was in the army.

Then we have deserving cases who do charity work for years And get nothing,

The man with the pram in Sheffield should have got a knighthood years ago.

On a lighter note and I know he does a lot of charity work, but I would take Lenny Henry's knighthood away, he's put me off Premier Inns for life, who wants to stay in a hotel with a bloke snoring in the next room through paper thin walls.

Hilarious but very true post,gave me the biggest smile of the day. Thanks:hihi:

If we HAVE to have a second house why not make it elected by proportional representation? Now if they really want to mess about then make it that we vote for, say 400 of them from the list of those in the house of lords

If Cameron doesn't realise how much this is going to annoy people, he's thicker and more out of touch than I thought.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 16:46 ----------

If we HAVE to have a second house why not make it elected by proportional representation? Now if they really want to mess about then make it that we vote for, say 400 of them from the list of those in the house of lords

I'd like to see a certain number of ordinary people in there too. I think politicians and the like are becoming more and more remote from ordinary people and their everyday lives.

Maybe a better way would be to have one elected member from each local area council. That would better represent the political make-up of local areas and wishes and at the same time almost halve the numbers. Those people should then only be member for the lifetime of their respective elected councils.

Anna B. It's not just Cameron, hence Lord Prescott etc I believe we've even got a Lord Mandy, we might even get a Lord Skinner then we'll have seen it all, but then again they are politicians so what can you expect.

Anna B. It's not just Cameron, hence Lord Prescott etc I believe we've even got a Lord Mandy, we might even get a Lord Skinner then we'll have seen it all, but then again they are politicians so what can you expect.

Doubt we'll see a Lord Skinner.....he's not a sad failure who gets kicked out by his electorate and has to grasp at a chance to carry on the gravy train. He's actually a hard working constituency MP who will probably only leave the House of Commons in a coffin.

I wasn't shocked that Mandelson accepted the peerage. I was shocked that he was offered one in the first place ;)

Taxman. Probably right about Denis Skinner although nothing would surprise me. As for the rest of them I think Pink Floyd's "Fletcher Memorial home"would be about right.