Cyclists vs swan..

There's been a MAMIL who goes past me most lunchtimes whilst I'm out having a stroll. Depends when I leave the canteen. We exchange nods and that's about it.

Today he was too busy being followed by an irate mute swan which was dive bombing his helmet as he peddled away from the river. Was a new one, dayglo yellow very fetching. Old one was a dark red. Can only presume the swan doesn't like the Lib Dems!

Anyone else ever had such trouble with a swan? I've never seen anything like it...

Careful! They can break a mans leg them swans.

Only if you crash the bike I think...:-)

Guest sibon

Hope the swan had paid his air tax.

MAMIL, I had to look it up, how long before we are all talking in acronyms?

Anyone else ever had such trouble with a swan? I've never seen anything like it...
Had to (gently-ish) clonk one in Clumber Park some years back, after it took too much interest in my very young daughter's red parka, and wouldn't take a "shoo" with some arm-waving for an answer :(

It's pretty rare in fairness, and usually swans only turn aggressive as a defence mechanism, mostly close to their nests.

I hear donkeys take lessons from swans in the stubborn stakes...and they both take such lessons from our terrier :blush::D

Edited by L00b

At a wedding in Kos recently I recall a peacock try to take a sweet out of my 6 yr old granddaughters hand quite aggressively.

Just before I could intervene, her martial arts training came to the fore, a scream and a front kick which nearly took its head off gave it second thoughts.

Big birds, bloody dangerous!

A kid that I went to secondary school with had his arm broken by a swan with cygnets whilst fishing for eel in a local set of ponds. They can seriously hurt people when they have a brooding mindset.

I went to Bruges last year, the swans there were like a different species. They looked as though they had really been doing some serious weight lifting and massive steroid abuse.