Why won't laptop let me reset it?

Just bought a HP Stream 11 11.6 laptop Intel 32gb 2gb RAM for my daughter to play her games on. It's saying that she needs to delete items from the computer, but when she does the storage doesn't go down. Any ideas as to why, she can't delet and she can't download? Any ideas as I am not computer literate.

Looks like it has a 32Gb eMMC storage which limits what you can put on it. This is really a tablet with a keyboard. If she's only playing smaller games then it will be ok. Give us some idea of what she's playing.

You could try Ccleaner to free up some space.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

It was hp's answer to the Chrome Book - the idea being that you store most of your stuff in the cloud - interestingly Google have ceased production of such Laptops. Also there was another forum member on here a while back and if th eMMC storage should fail there is no way of getting data back - I don't know why manufacturers produce such shoddy specs - a bit like some Mobile phone manufacturers who provided 4 Gb Storage with large Expansion capability that can't be used. I'd be looking to replace it if possible - if it's new then I would return it to the seller saying it does not meet your requirements and that you were not aware of its shortcomings when you bought it.

Thanks for you help, really appreciate the advice you have all given.

This may sound daft but is she deleting the stuff in the recycle bin as well?

Hi I have been in contact with the seller and he says I can return it.

Hi I have been in contact with the seller and he says I can return it.

Glad to hear it! ;)