Does any one remember the coach house - wicker

can any one remember the old coach house steak resturant in the wicker???? late 80's was the place to eat used to book at least a month in advance to be sure of a table, then the disco upstairs - what was that called ????? always use to finish with spandau ballet true wow only small up stairs but a good crack

Worked on the Coach House when it it was converted from a bank into a restaurant 1980.

The coach house was brilliant, did the nicest steak!!:love:

The coach house was brilliant, did the nicest steak!!:love:

I used to have a boyfriend who took me there alot , great food , it had a good reputation for good food back then , i wondered why it closed it always seemed so busy.

We too went there often, always had a really good steak. Wasn't the Venus owned by the same people?

Worked on the Coach House when it it was converted from a bank into a restaurant 1980.

That's a surprise, I thought it was already a restaurant well before 1980.

I remember The Olde Coach House,i used to work there,i was one of the 3 chefs.It was a great place to work back then allways buzzin at the weekends.And christmas was the best time of year there,we worked 16 hour days from the end of November right up to new years day.Dont think the disco upstairs ever had its own name.It was owned by 3 Greek Cypriats,could,t ask for better bosses,the staff used to get invited to all the greek weddings and christenings etc.Downstairs under the bar area just through the reception was the old bank vault where we stored the wine but there was no lock installed as it had been removed when Barclays moved out.Oh yes those were the days,if you did eat there hope enjoyed it (lol).If ya wanna know owt else about it jus pm me.

I can't remember ever seeing it open, but the frontage was definitely still there when I moved to Sheffield in 1988- I remember distinctly passing it a number of times on one day when I was trying to get to grips with where the **** I was!

The Venus resturant at Dinnington is owned by the same family who owned the coach house,my mate Marc does the disco for them as he used to do at the coach house

never went, but always remember the front of it when i was passing (a lot) to and from town

My Dad was landlord of The Lion on the corner of the Wicker and Nursery Street. When the bank closed it became the Peacock Chinese restaurant and then it became The Coach House

My Dad was landlord of The Lion on the corner of the Wicker and Nursery Street. When the bank closed it became the Peacock Chinese restaurant and then it became The Coach House

did your Dad know kenneth Sampson? he was the accountant on the oppersite corner.