Where's the Gay Scene?

Hey there-

i know sheffield isnt exactly famous for its gay scene, but i was wondering if there was actually anything, cos ive been looking!

Im aware of the union nites like Climax and Fairy Likuid, but are there any good bars, clubs or other nites that are worth visiting? Help me out guys!!

Cheers

Depends what your looking for matey... Dempsies is very buzy and overated!!

Ma Bakers is for the older generation...XS is seedy!!

I wouldnt bother chuck..

Climax is about the best.

well im looking for nice bars or clubs where i can meet like minded people really.. im 19 so i spose the older generation isnt something im lookin for really! anyone else got any ideas?!

There's gay speed dating at Lounge Bar at the far end of West Street. I know nothing about the gay scene, but the geezer who organises it seems really nice and the girls who own the bar are smashing.

Call them to find out when the next one is: 0114 275 0880

Cheers

There is also Poptastic and Dabble at the leadmill although they seem to be only occasionally now.

The next one is this sunday so can't wait for that its a good laugh, although sometimes a bit quiet but still good fun. Its deffo worth a visit besides its a bank holiday so no uni on Monday!!

well as a 40 something gay bloke, I don't appreciate anyone gay or straight to be told to p^&* off.....

a few more manners are in order I feel.

as for gay places in sheffield, as a bloke who hates the scene, I am sorry but there are few nice gay areas...

that I know of

And as a 33 year old straight person I have to agree!!!

And to the original poster - I would try the university LGB society - you should be able to find a link to it on http://www.sheff.ac.uk - though they may not be around for a week or so as its the Easter vacation...

I have heard the Nottingham House pub very near to the large student houses on Whitham Road is EXCELLENT for gays. I think it is a Tuesday when it happens, could be wrong.

well..if there are some people that avoid to be welcome....or if nottingham is so far....

There is a nice gay scene in my house for all of yu if u fancy ..:-))

Happy easter to everyone

ciao

Mark xx

Mark, have you tried looking on the Sheffield Pub Forum. It is a similar website to this only it is purely related to bars and pubs in Sheffield. Think it is just sheffieldpub.co.uk or something like that. They might be able to help you out. Or as evildrneil pointed out, perhaps you could give the LGB socs a call at the universities and see if they can give you any recommendations. I am sure they would be able to help. My Ma works at Sheff Hallam. I could ask her to find out the number if you like. She is usually in the know when it comes to her precious little students....HONESTLY that is what she calls you. You don't wind her up at ALL!!!! (hee hee)

mark...give Sheff Hallam Student's Union a call on 0114 2254111 and ask to speak to the Socs Officer. They will put you through to the LGB soc officer and you can have a chat with them.

The Union LGB website is http://www.shef.ac.uk/lgb/ although it would appear to be all about their internal organisation. I'm sure there are some contact details on there though.

I know a couple of the guys in the group and they're are all really friendly & helpful. They certainly wouldn't find pointing you in the right direction.

Best of luck