Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

24-04-2007, 11:01   #21
AtticusFinch

Total Posts: 1,732
I went there about two months ago with my girlfriend on a Saturday night. I thought the decor and location was great, as was the atmosphere. The food was nice but the portions were a little small. It tends more towards well-presented nouvelle cuisine than hearty filling food and it was a little expensive, but overall we were fairly pleased.

_______
"I'm afraid of bears. I think that owls are a waste of time." - Stephen Colbert
24-04-2007, 12:17   #22
jake

Total Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley View Post
It tends more towards well-presented nouvelle cuisine than hearty filling food
Surley the kiss of death in Sheffield...
24-04-2007, 23:49   #23
Jackdanny

Total Posts: 453
I heard they are having a re vamp too!

http://www.dam-house.com/
23-07-2007, 10:51   #24
blondie-blue

Total Posts: 1,549
Has anybody been here lately, if so whats the food/atmosphere like? I'm considering taking my dad for his 50th birthday.
23-07-2007, 11:12   #25
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!

Total Posts: 9,814
Called in Friday lunchtime. They now have waitress service which is nice. The food was very good though a touch expensive. This was simply a bar meal (in my case bbq chicken burger) as the place was packed out with students who had passed their exams celebrating with their families.

In fact, I felt somewhat underdressed!

It's nice to go on a (ha, ha, remember these?) 'summer's day' and sit on the patio. Then again, it's a pub that serves booze so any time's a good time to go.
_______
The wife ran off with the Best Man. I do miss him! (Les Dawson)
23-07-2007, 11:17   #26
blondie-blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ousetunes View Post
Called in Friday lunchtime. They now have waitress service which is nice. The food was very good though a touch expensive. This was simply a bar meal (in my case bbq chicken burger) as the place was packed out with students who had passed their exams celebrating with their families.

In fact, I felt somewhat underdressed!

It's nice to go on a (ha, ha, remember these?) 'summer's day' and sit on the patio. Then again, it's a pub that serves booze so any time's a good time to go.
summer's day????? what the hell is summer???
23-07-2007, 11:21   #27
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!

Total Posts: 9,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-blue View Post
summer's day????? what the hell is summer???
I know, I know. Sorry for that.

I just had a touch of nostalgia. Endless summer days and sultry nights; light, loose clothing, the Pimms on ice and the sounds of the birds in the trees.

In the distance, the sound of an ambulance rushing off to some drink-driver who's crashed into a tree, the ice-cream vendor shouting for help as he's just been robbed by thee nine year old kids.

The grass on which you lay, strewn with dog-muck and discarded needles. Mungo Jerry on t' wireless singing In The Summertime.

Summer eh? Eee, them were t' days...,
_______
The wife ran off with the Best Man. I do miss him! (Les Dawson)
23-07-2007, 11:23   #28
ow do

Total Posts: 862
i go quite a bit, its a smart place and the food is really good, they have a 3 course meal mon - thurs for about 20 have a look on their website the menus on there

Last edited by ow do; 23-07-2007 at 11:30.
23-07-2007, 11:29   #29
blondie-blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ousetunes View Post
I know, I know. Sorry for that.

I just had a touch of nostalgia. Endless summer days and sultry nights; light, loose clothing, the Pimms on ice and the sounds of the birds in the trees.

In the distance, the sound of an ambulance rushing off to some drink-driver who's crashed into a tree, the ice-cream vendor shouting for help as he's just been robbed by thee nine year old kids.

The grass on which you lay, strewn with dog-muck and discarded needles. Mungo Jerry on t' wireless singing In The Summertime.

Summer eh? Eee, them were t' days...,
OOOOOoooo that Summer, we remember them well!!!
23-07-2007, 11:29   #30
blondie-blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ow do View Post
i go quiet a bit, its a smart place and the food is really good, they have a 3 course meal mon - thurs for about 20 have a look on their website the menus on there
ok i'll take a look
23-07-2007, 22:12   #31
Jackdanny

I've been, but i'm a fan, so you might have to go and have a look yourself.

Ostrich burgers on the new menu now with waitress service and me Jack Daniels and Coke!
25-07-2007, 18:25   #32
Gazza1984

Total Posts: 28
went to dam house last friday had the pan fried duck with black pudding and sweet mash very nice one of the best meal i ve had in sheffield for years. i would advise people to book
25-07-2007, 19:16   #33
LondonLass

Total Posts: 8
I went for lunch yesterday and was really dissapointed with the food! I had fishcakes; they (or should I say it, there was just one little one) didn't taste of anything and looked like it had come out of a packet, frozen... the chilli and coriander sauce was just a drizzle of olive oil round the side of the plate!

It's a lovely location and the service was great, but then again we were the only people in there!! There was no atmosphere whatsoever!
25-07-2007, 22:55   #34
Jackdanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza1984 View Post
went to dam house last friday had the pan fried duck with black pudding and sweet mash very nice one of the best meal i ve had in sheffield for years. i would advise people to book
I had that too! Lamb dish is tasty!
28-07-2007, 15:42   #35
Buble Fan

Total Posts: 288
We went last Monday evening - first time we had been there. We had an excellent 3 course meal. Can recommend the Rib Eye steak.
29-07-2007, 18:39   #36
Jackdanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLass View Post
I went for lunch yesterday and was really dissapointed with the food! I had fishcakes; they (or should I say it, there was just one little one) didn't taste of anything and looked like it had come out of a packet, frozen... the chilli and coriander sauce was just a drizzle of olive oil round the side of the plate!

It's a lovely location and the service was great, but then again we were the only people in there!! There was no atmosphere whatsoever!
- Had to try the fish cake after your comments, It's handmade and not frozen at all. You do get one for 4.50, but it does not say on the menu Fishcakes, just Fish cake. Its on dressed salad and made with pure white fish with lemongrass,- for a starter it's tops.

p.s. - it's based on a sheffield thing London Lass, and if you come from London, you might not get it!
29-07-2007, 20:06   #37
Meaks
Mini Mincer

Total Posts: 5,952
Sounds awful.

Jackdanny - do you ever give up pretending to be a satisfied customer?
I would have thought if it was so good there would be plenty of people singing its praises.

Last edited by Meaks; 29-07-2007 at 22:46.
29-07-2007, 22:40   #38
Chipmunk

Total Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdanny View Post
- Had to try the fish cake after your comments, It's handmade and not frozen at all. You do get one for 4.50, but it does not say on the menu Fishcakes, just Fish cake. Its on dressed salad and made with pure white fish with lemongrass,- for a starter it's tops.

p.s. - it's based on a sheffield thing London Lass, and if you come from London, you might not get it!
Mmm ........ work for them by any chance?
30-07-2007, 07:39   #39
willman
WYSIWYG

Total Posts: 19,416
Send a message via ICQ to willman Send a message via MSN to willman
i've been a couple of times for a lunchtime snack.
usually results in a posh sarnie. service always good,food always impeccable.

fox house do nice salmon and brocolli fishcakes - and you get two.
30-07-2007, 09:56   #40
fluffystuff

Total Posts: 888
I had my wedding there and the food was fantastic. It almost looked too good to eat the presentation was that good. We had crayfish cocktail for starters, chicken in white wine and tarragin sauce for main and fresh fruit kebab for dessert.
Reply To Topic