Local remapping and EGR delete recommendations

I'm looking for a remap and EGR delete on a Peugeot 207 1.6 HDI. Does anyone know anywhere local that is really good?

I've heard that the HDI is slightly different to other turbo diesel units so needs someone in the know to do a good job of it.

Thanks

Have you tried a blanking plate first? Cheap, simple, and easy to reverse.

An EGR delete is only usually done if the DPF is removed. And with the changes to the MOT law I'd strongly recommend leaving it as-is.

Yes as above, monkeying around with the DPF or EGR is going to be an MOT fail so be careful.

Yes as above, monkeying around with the DPF or EGR is going to be an MOT fail so be careful.

Not always so, blanked off the EGR and remapped both the LR Discovery's we have had. Both passed the MOT without any issue. Just to add the remapping transformed both 4x4's. Not speed wise, but the torque, for caravan towing.

Angel1.

Not always so, blanked off the EGR and remapped both the LR Discovery's we have had. Both passed the MOT without any issue. Just to add the remapping transformed both 4x4's. Not speed wise, but the torque, for caravan towing.

Angel1.

The MOT is changing in May…...

This.

There's going to be a whole bunch of people failing their MOT's come test time.

Now any obvious alterations to the vehicle emissions system will be a fail.

This.

There's going to be a whole bunch of people failing their MOT's come test time.

Now any obvious alterations to the vehicle emissions system will be a fail.

You can blank off an egr valve without it being obvious and mot testers don’t have the equipment to test if a car has been remapped.

You can blank off an egr valve without it being obvious and mot testers don’t have the equipment to test if a car has been remapped.

Yep, it's only a visual check so if it's not apparent it's not a fail.

Not everyone went to the trouble of removing the systems but leaving them physically in place, most people ripped them out and remapped the car.

The only equipment they need is their diagnostic computer attached to the car's onboard computer. That's the way they do it over here these days, no more tailpipe emissions testing.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Have you tried a blanking plate first? Cheap, simple, and easy to reverse.

An EGR delete is only usually done if the DPF is removed. And with the changes to the MOT law I'd strongly recommend leaving it as-is.

I thought that if i fitted a blanking plate, i'd need the EGR deleted as well?

What's the point of the EGR valve being there if there's a blanking plate in place?

Thanks for the replies guys

My buddy has an MOT garage, I'll pop up tommorow and pick his brains.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 18:09 ----------

I thought that if i fitted a blanking plate, i'd need the EGR deleted as well?

What's the point of the EGR valve being there if there's a blanking plate in place?

Thanks for the replies guys

That's the idea, remove it and blank it off, or take it off, put blanking plate on then re fit the EGR. The blanking plate then stops it working.

Angel1.

My buddy has an MOT garage, I'll pop up tommorow and pick his brains.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 18:09 ----------

That's the idea, remove it and blank it off, or take it off, put blanking plate on then re fit the EGR. The blanking plate then stops it working.

Angel1.

And what about the pipes coming off the unit? I've seen a video where the guy just blocked them up, but he didn't go in to any details about if it is safe to do so and if it messes with the cars management system.