''The war on men''

The 'war on men' is a phrase I heard another poster use the other day. Do you agree with me that it's a nonsensical and foolish descriptor, given that men still rule the world - or do you think men are having a really hard time of things?

:) It's a bit cheeky to claim a war on men while sitting in a nation where head of state, the PM and all of the main political parties have de facto women in charge, bar the two that imagine themselves to be the most progressive - Labour and the Lib Dems.

No, there is no war on men. There is a war on hard won ideas of equality which some people think should be preference for women. That's not the same as a war on men.

The fools are the people who try to make men and women the same, because that is, as you say, nonsensical.

I think there's a war on equality and the erosion of what were traditional matters of etiquette.

I think there's a war on equality and the erosion of what were traditional matters of etiquette.

Please explain what you mean by 'a war on equality' and the 'erosion of traditional matters of etiquette'.

As far as i'm concerned, every one is equal(when it comes to the sexes).

I've never had an issue with equal pay,equal rights etc however it isn't about being equal anymore it's about ramming it down everyone's throat that someone somewhere isn't being treated the same - and its always about women.

Why can only women participate in Race for Life? That isn't equality. Where's the men only events organised by the same charity?

Why isn't it an issue that men can't attend WI ? Is there a male equivalent.

I used to hold the door for people,now if its a woman i don't. Wouldn't want to be accused of sexism. I don't give up my chair anymore to anyone except the elderly.

I used to smile or nod acknowledgement to people if you happened to catch their eye inadvertently,now if its a female i look away instantly, who wants to be accused of objectification.

My wife works in a predominantly female environment , and i mean 99.9% historically has been female in the role. They now have a male,who gets paid the same pay grade which is brilliant in all aspects. But he doesn't get a couple of days of a month fully paid with cramps or special treatment because he's pregnant or months of paid leave with his job saved for his return.

So no equality at all for him.

The frustrating thing is my grandchildren will be the generation that suffers.

The problem with equality is that there’s always someone who considers themselves to be on a higher level of equality than others.

I think a better word would be a 'war on traditional values'.

Despite the female of the species being the one more responsible for how their children develop and what type of person they grow into, its still the males fault.

Mothers seem to be wanting less responsibility for their children, despite being made for the role.

I've never had an issue with equal pay,equal rights etc however it isn't about being equal anymore it's about ramming it down everyone's throat that someone somewhere isn't being treated the same - and its always about women.

Why can only women participate in Race for Life? That isn't equality. Where's the men only events organised by the same charity?

I used to hold the door for people,now if its a woman i don't. Wouldn't want to be accused of sexism. I don't give up my chair anymore to anyone except the elderly.

I used to smile or nod acknowledgement to people if you happened to catch their eye inadvertently,now if its a female i look away instantly, who wants to be accused of objectification.

My wife works in a predominantly female environment , and i mean 99.9% historically has been female in the role. They now have a male,who gets paid the same pay grade which is brilliant in all aspects. But he doesn't get a couple of days of a month fully paid with cramps or special treatment because he's pregnant or months of paid leave with his job saved for his return.

I'm female and I 100% agree with and understand every point you have made there. Some women go on and on and on about wanting equality, when in actual fact they want preferential treatment and that is so wrong!!

I almost put traditional values, but then i thought stuff that men felt obliged to do for the "weaker sex" has lost its value, and tried to imply such things as manners and being a gentleman.

Could that be because women are often not actually treat as equal?

Weren't you posting in the thread about freemasons recently, a men only organisation?

You realise that men do indeed have the option of months of paid leave because they've had a child, just as women do.

I'd be very surprised if any organisation has a policy of "a couple of days off a month fully paid with cramps", presumably though anyone who actually suffers from something that makes it difficult or impossible to work gets sick leave. And I'm sure he would get special treatment if he manages to get pregnant, good luck to him with that! :roll:

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 09:20 ----------

Mothers seem to be wanting less responsibility for their children, despite being made for the role.

Wow, stereotype much?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 09:22 ----------

I almost put traditional values, but then i thought stuff that men felt obliged to do for the "weaker sex" has lost its value, and tried to imply such things as manners and being a gentleman.

Having manners is nothing to do with sex or gender.

You shouldn't feel obliged to hold the door open for someone because they're female or male, you should do it because you're a decent person, for anyone.

Really not sure where you're coming from with that 'ramming it down throats' line. Not sure it's always about women either.

They exist, you just didn't bother looking.

Because no-one (except yourself) is bothered?

Seriously? Wow. Weird.

As above.

What suffering to you imagine your grandchildren will have to endure?