Phil Neville's sexist tweets

Neville's sexist comments are no surprise - football is bedevilled by archaic attitudes. Another example was aired by Radio Sheffield at the end of the derby match at Hillsborough. When a female fan was berating Carvahal, Keith Edwards intoned, "She should be at home getting the Sunday dinner on."

Such wit, such enlightenment.

Dinosaur.

.....and shouldn't you be posting something of more interest than this old chestnut?

Neville's sexist comments are no surprise - football is bedevilled by archaic attitudes. Another example was aired by Radio Sheffield at the end of the derby match at Hillsborough. When a female fan was berating Carvahal, Keith Edwards intoned, "She should be at home getting the Sunday dinner on."

Such wit, such enlightenment.

Dinosaur.

Women want equal rights so they should be able to take a bit of light hearted banter as the men do as is common in football.

Don't know what Phil Neville tweeted so can't comment on that...

Women want equal rights so they should be able to take a bit of light hearted banter as the men do as is common in football.

Don't know what Phil Neville tweeted so can't comment on that...

He said he'll bring the same success he brought to Valencia.

There was nowt sexist in what Neville said . :roll:

Not if you're stuck in the past and a mysogynist through and through.

.....and shouldn't you be posting something of more interest than this old chestnut?

He doesn't understand the seriousness of burnt Yorkshires, I guess.:hihi:

Not if you're stuck in the past and a mysogynist through and through.

Why is it that anyone who says anything about the female sex that you don't approve of are a misogynist,is that your Buzz word of 2018.

Why is it that anyone who says anything about the female sex that you don't approve of are a misogynist,is that your Buzz word of 2018.

Why is it you never use question marks correctly?

Phil Neville has launched an impassioned defence of his appointment as England Women head coach and revealed that the controversial tweet he posted about “battering” his wife was a reference to a table tennis match they had played.

For a public figure on Twitter it was certainly a poor choice of words but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've used the very same term in a similar context and I bet that most of us have and I would no more lift a finger to a woman than cut my own wrists.

It was sexist in today's terms. But in Neville's world, that's probably what his wife does - domesticity. She will never have had to have paid employment as the wife of a very rich footballer.

(Not to say "she's never worked". Lack of paid employment doesn't always equal not working).

Saw a picture of him on the net last night he looked like crap. I dont doubt it was all done in jest, and hes trying really hard but I wouldnt be surprised if he either left before his first major tournament or just after it.