Can't believe the Star has an award for being the best local paper!

Oh dear sums up how talentless local papers are then

Jeez, maybe SF should get an honourable mention for providing them with all their stories

no.all their online pics yesterday was from the google car map.

I think you`ll find it was the RETRO that did it for them.

Jeez, maybe SF should get an honourable mention for providing them with all their stories

That old chestnut. Name three Star stories off here in the last week.

I suppose it all depends how you judge/view local newspapers (& how biased/judgemental you are)

Whether you like it or not, and ignoring the various typos you see most days, The Star is a decent local newspaper in that it reports on local issues relatively accurately and relatively promptly.

I've lived in many parts of our wonderful country over the last 50 years, and read many different local newspapers (a lot of them now owned by the same company that owns The Star), and it really is better than a lot of them - although I do accept that isn't saying much

It must be for the Whitworth cartoons.

If you look at the Blackpool Gazette, the Ripon local paper, plus many others they are all the exactly the same format as the Star because Johnsons Press own them, so really they had no competition, I think they even print the Sheffield's Retro Pub Crawls in them, " Dus Tha Fancy A Pint" ???