Terry Street Recreation Park Attercliffe

hi does anyone remember playing in terry street rec in the 50s and is there anyone out there from Amberley street , cardif street , and went to colleridge road sec mod in the very early 60s. and does anyone remember some old mates of mine called tony chapman , brian frankish, and the bruce brothers , (ALAN,and Stanley ,they had a sister called sheila ,and lived in Amberley street . be nice to hear from them again . My NAME IS ALAN JOHNSON.

know your name from some where,did you know a Jerry Bamforth.

We called it Carbrook Rec

If memory serves. They had a babysitting service also.

We used to walk thro the wreck to get to antinacal clinic Allways remember the beautiful flower beds what a wonderful wreck it was

Used to meet there with some of my fellow apprentices from Jessop Saville Ltd . John Bagley , Ron Duick and Roger Copley , on a Sunday morning

Used to love the Rec. It was like an oasis. Beautiful flower beds, immaculate bowling green, tennis courts and the little brass drinking water fountain next to the keepers cottage. Spent nearly all of my 6 week school holidays in there in the early to mid 70's.

Chris

Used to go there when we lived in the railway cottages in the 50s, loved it. (where centertainment is now).