Sheffield Forum
Your message here

The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

05-03-2018, 17:29   #301
realcockney

Total Posts: 209
Vero Gusto is by far the best true Italian restaurant in Sheffield, Akentanos comes a close 2nd, with marco@milano 3rd, mostly others are the English version pizza pasta versions, Kitos is a good example but is great for a quick meal with good wholesome food but not very authentic, picollinos tries hard as does Nonnas.

Last edited by realcockney; 05-03-2018 at 17:32.
05-03-2018, 22:53   #302
bungleboy69

Total Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcockney View Post
Vero Gusto is by far the best true Italian restaurant in Sheffield, Akentanos comes a close 2nd, with marco@milano 3rd, mostly others are the English version pizza pasta versions, Kitos is a good example but is great for a quick meal with good wholesome food but not very authentic, picollinos tries hard as does Nonnas.
Would agree with Vero Gusto being the best and Akentannos being a close second. I like Marco at Milano but feel they try and keep you in the bar for a prolonged period of time before dinner to sell you another bottle of wine.

Gutted to see that we are likely to lose the best Italian restaurant in Sheffield, Esther is a very good chef, and Saverio is very personable.
15-03-2018, 19:20   #303
nganaszan

Total Posts: 6
[QUOTE=Bilge;11823174]Here's a list of the 50-odd that have been mentioned in the thread (not including a few such as those in Rotherham and Barnsley). Feel free to edit it and spellcheck. Some have gone, some new ones have appeared which aren't yet on the list. It's debatable what is strictly an 'Italian restaurant' so it's got to be an inclusive list. But I haven't included some of the big chain pizza places but maybe we should add them?

Akentannos (Sardinian) on Sharrow Vale Rd...

Thanks for the list. I'd vote for Casanova for the quality and to La Luna for the atmosphere, however I haven't tried all yet
19-03-2018, 22:26   #304
top4718

Total Posts: 10,479
Can anybody recommend a good place for pizza in city centre please.
20-03-2018, 22:19   #305
bungleboy69

Total Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
Can anybody recommend a good place for pizza in city centre please.
For really good pizza, head a bit out of the city centre to Broomhill and visit Proove. You'll struggle to beat it anywhere in the north of England...

https://www.proove.co.uk/
21-03-2018, 18:14   #306
jaffa1

Total Posts: 1,088
Been to Piccolinos today, I love the place.
Never had a bad meal and the service has always been good, OK it is a little expensive but with the
Loyalty card they give you you get quite a bit knocked off when paying the bill.
22-03-2018, 10:55   #307
getphysical

Total Posts: 465
The best pizza in the town centre ( or anywhere else ) is Cafe Piazza on Church St. (back of TK Maxx) They're as good as we've eaten in Italy! Great authentic Italian food at very reasonable prices. They very often have offers on at lunchtime.
_______
"Dump The Diets", ditch the scales, drop the inches! Personal training & weight management
www.getphysical.co.uk
11-04-2018, 20:58   #308
ARH13

Total Posts: 6
Vitos at Walkley easily wins for me
Reply To Topic