Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

The contract commencement date was in 2012.

Mines been done about 4 years as well ,roads ok pavement is not so good

Guest makapaka

Yes - They’ve been resurfacing streets since 2013.

That definitely wasn't part of the streets ahead contract then was it, and so not really representative of the work they're currently doing.

It most certainly was part of the streets ahead programme, they did a lot of the streets and footpaths at that time in S12. As I say it could have been before. If I could be bothered to trawl through the thread, I posted saying that the signs had been up for ages then they changed the dates days before they were due to start.

Just had a quick trawl and the street lights were put in around Nov 2013 and that was after the road was resurfaced.

Edited by iansheff

about 3 years ago they re-surfaced all our roads ,and I thought great no more patchs and holes,but alas getting back to patchs and holes with in 3 years,total disgrace,about time we rid this labour council and amey.

Guest makapaka
about 3 years ago they re-surfaced all our roads ,and I thought great no more patchs and holes,but alas getting back to patchs and holes with in 3 years,total disgrace,about time we rid this labour council and amey.

Have you reported it?

I'm just trying defend Contractors who are told to go out and do a particular job and often do it very well, but then have people like you questioning their "workmanship".

We've just had the coldest few weeks I can remember and you're whining about a few potholes.

Carry on criticising and reporting, the rest of us will get on with our lives

I am whining about the fact that newly laid road surface has failed in less than a year. That is completely unacceptable and illustrates poor workmanship and or materials, cold weather or not. I am also whining about the fact that my own road still hasn't been done, nor have over 50% of the roads I use on my regular commute. Now six months past first target dates.

If you think that Amey are doing a job that is remotely acceptable, then you, sir, are somewhat out of touch with reality.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have noticed in some places that have been resurfaced as part of this ongoing scheme that appears that the new 'tarmac' is being washed away. By no means everywhere just some places. I was told by someone, I do not know who, when I rang Amey that works for them that it...

" might be because of rain and snow and sometimes temperatures can drop as low as minus 2 or 3 degrees C which can be nearly freezing which can form ice crystals. Which is not good for tarmac." But if tarmac lasts too long it does not need redoing as often.

So I'm glad they cleared that up. If that is anything to go on ...We can all rest assured it will be happening on a road near you in the non too distant future.

Obviously they were not expecting that kind of weather in the Sheffield area.

I was however a little surprised to learn that now minus 2 or 3 degrees C is classed as nearly freezing.. which is probably due to cuts I suppose.

I am whining about the fact that newly laid road surface has failed in less than a year. That is completely unacceptable and illustrates poor workmanship and or materials, cold weather or not. I am also whining about the fact that my own road still hasn't been done, nor have over 50% of the roads I use on my regular commute. Now six months past first target dates.

If you think that Amey are doing a job that is remotely acceptable, then you, sir, are somewhat out of touch with reality.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I wasn't talking about Amey if you had bothered to read the previous posts.

Carry on whinging though, it sounds like you enjoy it.

I am also whining about the fact that my own road still hasn't been done, nor have over 50% of the roads I use on my regular commute.

Go a different route then?

Fair enough. So they were to have resurfaced every road in Sheffield within 5 years and are now in serious material breach of contract then?

I have noticed in some places that have been resurfaced as part of this ongoing scheme that appears that the new 'tarmac' is being washed away. By no means everywhere just some places. I was told by someone, I do not know who, when I rang Amey that works for them that it...

" might be because of rain and snow and sometimes temperatures can drop as low as minus 2 or 3 degrees C which can be nearly freezing which can form ice crystals. Which is not good for tarmac." But if tarmac lasts too long it does not need redoing as often.

So I'm glad they cleared that up. If that is anything to go on ...We can all rest assured it will be happening on a road near you in the non too distant future.

Obviously they were not expecting that kind of weather in the Sheffield area.

I was however a little surprised to learn that now minus 2 or 3 degrees C is classed as nearly freezing.. which is probably due to cuts I suppose.

Technically it is nearly freezing but 2 or 3 degrees from the other direction .

Go a different route then?

Idiot post