Understanding the universe.

I wonder how flat earthers explain getting Sky TV. The satellite dish, pointing off into the sky with a parabolic dish, so there must be something up there transmitting to it. Do they think that SkyB have a fleet of planes or something to transmit signals? Or magic satellites that aren't in orbit, but also don't fall down?

I wonder how flat earthers explain getting Sky TV. The satellite dish, pointing off into the sky with a parabolic dish, so there must be something up there transmitting to it. Do they think that SkyB have a fleet of planes or something to transmit signals? Or magic satellites that aren't in orbit, but also don't fall down?

Obviously they're drones! :o

It'll be the same colour. It doesnt matter how far you observe it from if it subtends the same angle in the sky.

Ah I see what you mean now - but I'm still not so sure, because the earths disc subtends a much larger angle if you're stood on the surface of this mini-sun - that is, the earth's disc is the recipient of greater proportion of its output than the earth's sphere is a recipient of the radiation output of Sol.

The sun does not drop on a flat earth / disc.

It circles daily the disc. It illuminates half the earth at a time.The perimeter is an ice shelf which contains the oceans.

The sun is not 93 million miles away.

Flat earthers believe it is only 3000 miles away at its closest ( when it's directly above you) The angle of the rays of the sun seem to support this.

As the sun moves away from us it appears to drop,much in the same way street lights appear to drop the further away they are. It's just perspective and can be be easily demonstrated.

Eric Dubay.com is the best website if you are seeking more knowledge.

What causes the sun to move?

What is the sun made of?

What causes the sun to move?

What is the sun made of?

clockwork?

Cheese like the moon?

clockwork?

Imagine, sundials telling the time by the motion of the sun which is powered by clockwork... the mind boggles

Cheese like the moon?

Yeah, but what cheese? This is important stuff.

Imagine, sundials telling the time by the motion of the sun which is powered by clockwork... the mind boggles

Yeah, but what cheese? This is important stuff.

special cheese that doesnt melt...obviously

A good example of two self evident truths that can be easily demonstrated - water cannot conform to the exterior of a ball.

And the horizon is always flat.

Yet we are supposed to believe we can see boats and ships dropping over the claimed curvature.

Spinning Ball earthers have the word of NASA as 'evidence'.

Flat earthers have self evident truths.

Are you going to answer the questions MAC33 that have been posed or just troll as usual?

A good example of two self evident truths that can be easily demonstrated - water cannot conform to the exterior of a ball.

And the horizon is always flat.

Yet we are supposed to believe we can see boats and ships dropping over the claimed curvature.

Spinning Ball earthers have the word of NASA as 'evidence'.

Flat earthers have self evident truths.

Why can't I see New York from the West coast of Ireland with a good telescope? If water can't conform to a ball how come bubbles are spherical?

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 17:39 ----------

Are you going to answer the questions MAC33 that have been posed or just troll as usual?

I beleive that we're wasting our time ....he has no answers apart from pointing to youtube and saying "It must be right..it's on the internet". :)

Edited by truman

Why can't I see New York from the West coast of Ireland with a good telescope? If water can't conform to a ball how come bubbles are spherical?

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 17:39 ----------

Coz it's dark over there when it's light over here:rolleyes: