The way things used to be .

When lads grew really long hair in the '60s they were sometimes made to wear hair nets at school whilst using machinery in the workshops, after one or two accidents occurred nationwide. H & S. Maybe that's why you bought one.

Chuck keys on pillar drills and lathes are another example of H & S. First they were loose and always kept disappearing or flew out when they'd been left in the chuck and the machine was started without the operator noticing. Next they were fastened with a long chain to the machine. Then after a few accidents, you guessed it; chains were outlawed and the good old chuck key was free to get lost again!

echo.

Absolutely right re H & S. I ran a H&S consulting company (until recently) for the motor trade because the garage I worked in as a kid were quite likely to kill me though ignorance.

I think the hairnet in this case was a genuine, "goo an gerran airnet fer me nan at t'corner shop.

Nice to see Jimmy.

S

Yes they definitely was the GOOD OLD DAYS...:)

And what about the great night clubs in Sheffield , Cavendish, Fiesta, Tiffany's, Penny-farthing.

fantastic nights out with tip top entertainers...what have got now F*** All

Blame the so called stars and their agents who charge such astronomical fees to perform. You don't see them on tv unless it's to promote a book/film/song. We could see world class acts every week at the Fiesta or Cavendish, spoilt weren't we!

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but talking about the thread title " Capstick comes home " springs to mind . Its on youtube :thumbsup:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but talking about the thread title " Capstick comes home " springs to mind . Its on youtube :thumbsup:

Mmmmm, I could just eat a thick crust off a fresh Hovis with a ton of butter on it.

Met him two or three times , first time was int Grapes on Trippit Lane, this bloke was sat on floor as you entered bar from front door, he was strumming a guitar and talking ,singing about god knows what some flower power people seemed to be in raptures as they stood around lisining,

that lass who's husband won pools and was famous for spend spend spend was sat at bar it was a strange pub at that time.

One Sunday afternoon I was listening to radio Sheffield and Capo was on moaning about no one phoning in to request a song ,any way I phoned in and asked for him to play My Way by Sinatra , he said I'm not playing that crap:hihi:.

He interviewed me once on radio summat to do wi wattter.

Met him two or three times , first time was int Grapes on Trippit Lane, this bloke was sat on floor as you entered bar from front door, he was strumming a guitar and talking ,singing about god knows what some flower power people seemed to be in raptures as they stood around lisining,

that lass who's husband won pools and was famous for spend spend spend was sat at bar it was a strange pub at that time.

One Sunday afternoon I was listening to radio Sheffield and Capo was on moaning about no one phoning in to request a song ,any way I phoned in and asked for him to play My Way by Sinatra , he said I'm not playing that crap:hihi:.

He interviewed me once on radio summat to do wi wattter.

Viv Nicholson who won the pools albert....I wish we could have roger moffat back, used to love listening to him.

Viv Nicholson who won the pools albert....I wish we could have roger moffat back, used to love listening to him.

That's her Viv nice looking tart (an old Sheffield word that meant she was a good looking lass nowt detrimental ) she was .

Roger Moffat was my favourite broadcaster.

Always made me laugh especially when he got on about 'Black Betty' the record by Ram Jam which he hated. ( I hated it too )

Mmmmm, I could just eat a thick crust off a fresh Hovis with a ton of butter on it.

I remember my old nannans home made breadcakes (she wasn't a good cook , bless her ) . Still warm ,straight out of oven with loads of butter , you could only eat one because they laid heavy in your belly . Good days :)

The good old days....

Edited by Pussycat12

Roger Moffat was my favourite broadcaster.

Always made me laugh especially when he got on about 'Black Betty' the record by Ram Jam which he hated. ( I hated it too )

Roger was'nt quite so convivial on the occasions when we had to regularly carry him out of the Bridge Inn at Ford to his house opposite, after a sauce or ten :hihi:

Roger was'nt quite so convivial on the occasions when we had to regularly carry him out of the Bridge Inn at Ford to his house opposite, after a sauce or ten :hihi:

I remember him opening Hackenthorpe Fete . He had his own caravan and us nippers sneaked up to the windows to see him . Constantly swigging something from a hip flask :) For some reason he loved Hackenthorpe and constantly referred to it as Royal Hackenthorpe :)