''The war on men''

Guest makapaka
You're talking about wages vs prize money - Apples and oranges

Ok then - let’s park tennis for a moment - do you accept that the wages should be different for the arsenal men’s and women’s football teams?

Ok then - let’s park tennis for a moment - do you accept that the wages should be different for the arsenal men’s and women’s football teams?

I do (I can't speak for anyone else), but not because of sex, not because of a difference in time player or skill, but because of a difference in the income it generates for the club.

Guest makapaka
I do (I can't speak for anyone else), but not because of sex, not because of a difference in time player or skill, but because of a difference in the income it generates for the club.

Now - viewing figures for men’s tennis are roughly 2.5 times that of women’s tennis and as a consequence generate much more revenue.

What’s the difference.

Now - viewing figures for men’s tennis are roughly 2.5 times that of women’s tennis and as a consequence generate much more revenue.

Where are your stats from?

Guest makapaka
Where are your stats from?

I just googled it - it’s fairly common knowledge that there are greater viewing figures of men’s tennis - it’s double at Wimbledon for example.

Should be for all sports - we have elite women competing against better than average men in the men's leagues because there aren't enough quality lady players in the ladies leagues.

I'm happy with that, i've played them and they are very good.

However against elite men they'd struggle to take a point in a competitive game.

So in real terms they aren't as good as the men of equal standing and as such have less of a ticket office interest.