Anyone who went to shiregreen school from 1960/66

i think it is the phillip u metioned he had a cousin called arnold i dont know where they live now not seen them in years i know both parents have passed over now sylvia lives at shiregreen

Hi again is there anyone else you remember from school?

yes eric bond john bond richard bond the all lived on windmill lane i knew the morleys who lived on same road

yes eric bond john bond richard bond the all lived on windmill lane i knew the morleys who lived on same road

Hi I don't remember them. Do you remember miss Warren and Mr Edwards or Mr Nickles. I was in all there classes.

Hi again - there were about 5 HORSA huts in a line between the playgrounds and quarry - Concrete block walls, steel windows, pitched asbestos roofs - 2 classrooms in each with connecting toilets / storerooms. They catered for music, woodwork, standard classrooms etc. Above those bordering the girls' playground were 2 or 3 timber huts with pitched felt roofs - 1 an art room (steps up to the entrance), one was the kitchen and one kitted out as a science lab - benches, gas/water/sinks etc. That was Mr Lawton's domain - good teacher - showed how interesting science could be! One example as 11/12 year olds we each made our own thermometer - actually blowing glass with a capillary core to form the 'bulb' - used red dyed water of course rather than mercury!! Perhaps these old huts were domolished soon after I left to go to another school in July, 63? Re the Rose family - yep it's that family I remember but also remember some classmates I think lived on Heather Road - David Green rings a bell - was there also a kid called Grayson [Gaydon] - lived opposite the top shop of the 2 on Heather Rd - was 1 called Taylors? The top one may have been run by a Scottish family - Mc .......?? Pretty sure I remember a Roe family as well though - there were Constables, Albert Charlesworth, Woods, Wilkinsons, Widdowsons etc etc. Hope some of these ex-pupils and others get in touch?:)

Hi,

I hope you are all still with us, I have only just found this post, I am one of the Gaydon's originally from Foxglove Road opposite the corner shop called Mcnaughts went to shiregreen junior & seniors in the late 50's & 60's, I know all the names you have mentioned above & all the names from the other posts. including the teachers

I was then & still am a keen motorcyclist,

I Rode & Knocked around with Malc Longford, Glen Beasley, Dougie Ottley, Derek Hill, Norman Hardwick.

Susan Marsh was my girlfriend in 1966/67 she lived in Fife Street Wincobank... I would Love to hear from her now.

We use to meet at Wincobank on our motorcycles & ride to the "Coronation Café" on Langsett road & then later back to the Sportsman Pub at Blackburn meadows Wincobank...the M1 motorway was just beeing complete at that Wincobank Junction 1967....great days...I would love to turn back the clock.

Anyone else still around love to hear from you ?

Edited by Pussycat12

Hi 

My nannan Joyce Johnson she is now Joyce  Frank lived at number 94 Honeysuckle road. 

Her parents were Syd Johnson  and Annie Johnson. 

Can anyone remember Joyce Frank? 

She had a friend called Dorothy Pratt who she used to go to school with. 

My nannan would love to make contact with her. 

Can anyone help 

Thank you 

Edited by Joyce Frank

Yes I was there Keith Taylor the chemistry teacher had his small finger bent in !

I went there from nursery through to senior school.  Left in 1964.  I remember most of the names mentioned on here.  Lived on Honeysuckle Road.

On 18/03/2018 at 13:55, Pussycat12 said:

Hi,

I hope you are all still with us, I have only just found this post, I am one of the Gaydon's originally from Foxglove Road opposite the corner shop called Mcnaughts went to shiregreen junior & seniors in the late 50's & 60's, I know all the names you have mentioned above & all the names from the other posts. including the teachers

I Rode & Knocked around with Malc Longford, Glen Beasley, Dougie Ottley, Derek Hill, Norman Hardwick.

Susan Marsh was my girlfriend in 1966/67 she lived in Fife Street Wincobank... I would Love to hear from her now.

We use to meet at Wincobank on our motorcycles & ride to the "Coronation Café" on Langsett road & then later back to the Sportsman Pub at Blackburn meadows Wincobank...the M1 motorway was just beeing complete at that Wincobank Junction 1967....great days...I would love to turn back the clock.

On 18/03/2018 at 13:55, Pussycat12 said:

Hi,

Hi

I went to Shiregreen school from 1955 to 1964 when we moved to Parson Cross. I remember most of the names like Billy Widdowson.Albert Charlesworth, used to leave bikes at his house. We lived on Hyacinth Road. Went round the old estate a while ago many good memories but totally different now