Danny Elmer (Shiregreen)

Just to let those on here who are unaware that Danny passed away while on holiday in Greece a couple of weeks ago. Dan went to Hatfield House Lane school in the mid to late 60s . He was a great friend to many who knew him from his social life from his nights out at the Horseshoe then later the Hartley House club. He had a wicked sense of humor and he will be missed by everyone.

Special thoughts for his family on their loss.

Danny's funeral will be on Monday 27th at Grenoside at 2 pm.

R.I.P. Dan xxx

Just to let those on here who are unaware that Danny passed away while on holiday in Greece a couple of weeks ago. Dan went to Hatfield House Lane school in the mid to late 60s . He was a great friend to many who knew him from his social life from his nights out at the Horseshoe then later the Hartley House club. He had a wicked sense of humor and he will be missed by everyone.

Special thoughts for his family on their loss.

Danny's funeral will be on Monday 27th at Grenoside at 2 pm.

R.I.P. Dan xxx

the name rings a bell,was he a biggish lad with a moustache and used to knock around with big graham downes ?

I was really shocked to hear this. My son went through school with his daughter.

RIP Danny, love to all his family and friends.

Very sad news, I first met Danny when we both worked at Firth Browns in the 70s. We both had scooters at the time and spent our spare time riding them or up town clubbing, Crazy Daizy was a regular haunt.

As said he had a wicked sense of humour, great days.

My sympathy and condolences to his family

RIP Danny

I knew Danny from my pre Navy days and also saw him when on leave.Very sad news....R.I.P. Danny

My response is sadly, 3 years after the event as I've only just registered onto the forum. No less shocked and especially as Danny was a few years younger than myself and through that age gap, I was closer to Gary with whom I had a good rapour during our junior school years and was then, saddened by his loss also. I have one particular rememberance of Danny ( after we'd all left school age behind us ) and that is when I had some repair work done to my car at Shiregreen service station, where we frequently hung around. Some mods were made to it, that sort of got it noticed and it was Danny ( still doing his impressions of snagglepuss at the time ) and I who ventured towards Castleton to give the car a blast of err, unauthorised rallying. We must have scared half the county with our impromptu handbrake turns and puddle jumping but as usual, Danny, as the passenger in this case and with a constant smile on his face, took it in his stride and lived for the moment, as he always did. Nothing could faze him and he backed away from nothing.. Fond thoughts big fella! R.I.P.