Anyone in the W.R.A.C. in the sixties

My mum, Jean Ashton was at Manorbier in the 60s. If anyone remembers her they can get a message to her via me her daughter [email protected]

Hi.

We knew Jean in Manorbier.

We have sent you an email to the address supplied.

Woody REME Manorbier 1962-1965.

Hi Biker

I was REME in the 1960`s

My wife is also WRAC the 1960`s

A group of us are looking for EX member from the,

School of Artillery, Manorbier in South Wales

From,

The Royal Artillery

REME

WRAC

woody1v

Hi, taking a shot in the dark (pardon the pun) though I would post to see if anyone remembers my mam.... Shiela Warford aka LLoyd WRAC W/397072 at manorbier Artillery. 1959 - 62 or 3 . Met my father Mick Warford and were married within only 6 months of knowing each other. Sadly both mam & dad passed within 6 months of each other sep last year and feb this. It would be nice if anyone got back in touch with me as mam never did say much of what she did at her time in Manorbier. Dad was a gunner in the artillery.

Hiya, I was in the WRAC W/407679. I joined in Sheffield in 1958, went to Guilford and then onto Yeovil in Somerset doing driver training. I passed my test on a 1ton commer and then was posted to Woolwich hospital. Used to collect injured Army lads from airports and bring them in to the hospital, a lot were from Cyprus. In 1959 I got a compassionate posting nearer home because my Mum was quite ill, it was to to Imphal Barracks in York. while I was there I took a more advanced driving course and found I was the only female along side 11 lads. At the end of the course, which involved driving much bigger stuff etc we had an exam and the result was my pride and joy, I came 2nd out of the whole class!! Bragging now! In 1960 I had a compassionate discharge to look after my Mum as I was the only girl (3 brothers!) ugh. I had signed on for 22 years, just loved it.

Hi, taking a shot in the dark (pardon the pun) though I would post to see if anyone remembers my mam.... Shiela Warford aka LLoyd WRAC W/397072 at manorbier Artillery. 1959 - 62 or 3 . Met my father Mick Warford and were married within only 6 months of knowing each other. Sadly both mam & dad passed within 6 months of each other sep last year and feb this. It would be nice if anyone got back in touch with me as mam never did say much of what she did at her time in Manorbier. Dad was a gunner in the artillery.

Sorry I did not know your parents,I have asked a couple of the girls who were the from 1959-1963. no luck.

Have you tried the WRAC association site?

Try facebook,School of Artillery Manorbier

Keep trying you never know who is on the internet

Woody

Sorry I did not know your parents,I have asked a couple of the girls who were the from 1959-1963. no luck.

Have you tried the WRAC association site?

Try facebook,School of Artillery Manorbier

Keep trying you never know who is on the internet

Woody

Thanks Woody, have tried a few other places .. like said it would be long shot as there might not be many still with us or they don't use social media. :)