ASDA Walkley - Brave New World

Got to agree about this branch . Some staff seem ok but there are few with a really big attitude problem and a couple of proper thugs.

I always try to avoid the place.

Bit harsh picking on one woman and her appearance me thinks. Bet she feels great reading this ... A private letter to the manager would be a better way of doing things.

Back to self service checkouts - I've always hated them. If the machine fails and requires me to get help and no one is available, I'll either move to another machine and leave the first one hanging or if they are all in use, I'll leave my stuff there and walk out. When what is supposed to be a more efficient method becomes less efficient, I quickly lose patience

Even more harsh if she was slightly in the autistic spectrum. Some people can't help the way they come across and what you see as ignorant or the like could be something else all together. But yea bet she feels great if she reads this or a gets fired....

Infact quite sad how people are, people always harping on about scum people not working and been lazy beggars yet this woman is in a job which does not suit her and she probably knows this but is still working there. Yet people on here are quite happy to say she does not deserve the job etc...people make me laugh really do.

Edited by JarvisS8

Asda walmart is an appalling company - add to the endless list of them. Some of us may work for any of these gross behemoths of capatilism, or buy from them.

Drudgery in the workplace is common, and a lot of people face this without having to deal with 'the public' -and can just faff about behind desks.

The woman being attacked here, completely unfairly, is a gem, holding together an ever changeing landscape in that s**t store and always working really hard.

You too quick to moaners are anonymous and frankly a bit thoughtless

Edited by TULUM

I do most of my shopping at the market and Iceland and always get good service, products and prices.

The large supermarket chains are learning slowly that we can go elsewhere and no longer have to rely on them!!

Maybe people should phone Asda's customer services line up and state why they don't like the changes that have occurred........

I avoid these automated checkouts by having my shopping delivered. £30 for free delivery for a year (with a Tesco voucher code) and the guys who deliver the stuff are always pleasant.

In an apparent attempt to drive away yet more customers, it seems that they have started playing something called "Asda FM" at a painful volume over the loudspeaker system.

On the plus side for me, there were no other customers in the shop, so I paid for my goods in record time (via an automated checkout, which as just as well as there was no way I could have had a conversation with n actual human being with that racket going on).

I feel sorry for the remaining staff who have to put up with this for any length of time. Perhaps Asda are trying to drive them away too.

I popped in Sunday lunchtime(bedlam) but didn't notice Adsa FM.

I, er , look forward to that! :|

Just don't go to the ASDA on South Road any more. It's become a self-service store & they don't deserve your money. Staff will begrudgingly help if you want cigarettes or alcohol, but otherwise you're completely on your own, as if it was an express store, which it isn't.

Try Gerry's or the Old Bank for bread, the Inner City Farm shop for veg, meat if you eat it & a whole lot besides, & the Animal Rescue shop for pet stuff. Pay a few pence more & get a human being who actually serves you.

I prefer to be served by a human being however I have got used to the automated machines over the past few weeks in that Asda and other Asda's as well though the grumpy older woman with no teeth leaves a lot to be desired. Just don't use the two machines near the fags section as they just lock up all the time.

To be fair they will open the standard checkout if you request it or you have a lot of shopping. I was also informed recently that the staff don't like the machines either as they are rubbish quality so really you can't blame the staff as its not their decision.

Sadly the way technology progresses you will either need to adapt or go elsewhere