What sort of hot food to cook in this sweltering weather

I suppose the obvious way to cook hot food in hot weather is to do it outdoors, on a barbecue, but I live in a flat, without a garden, so firing up the barbie is not an option for me.

I love to cook, but can't face putting the oven on for any length of time, or doing slow-cooked food on the stove top, when the weather's this hot, so I'm mostly making and eating various salads and sarnies.

When I really fancy some warm, cooked food, I tend to make stuff that can be cooked, as quickly as possible, on the stove top - or under the grill. I'm doing lots of Chinese-style "stir fries", with noodles - which only takes a few minutes in the wok.

I also cook omelettes and frittatas, which also take only a short time to cook......or I'll chop some chicken breast/thighs into very small chunks, marinate it for a while in a bit of garlicky olive oil - and whatever herbs/spices I fancy... then thread the small chicken chunks on to metal skewers, alternating the pieces of chicken with chunks of bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatos, etc....then grill them for just a few minutes under a hot grill.....turning often. (This also works well with prawns, or small chunks of any firm-textured fish- like monkfish, or fresh tuna steak - as an alternative to chicken)

What sort of warm food are you cooking in this hot weather? I'm looking for alternative ideas to what I'm doing already.

I have just been cooking chicken seasoning it or making a curry and having it with rice just eating small portions

Go for a one pan meal. We had mushrooms, Pak Choi, mini corns, peppers and prawns with oyster sauce. Fewer pans, less heat.

been doing lots of pan fried chicken or pork with onion & peppers, then spice-wise it varies, Mexican, middle-eastern, far-eastern...

serving with flour tortilla, Lebanese flatbreads, or noodles as the style dictates

last week we did a quick & easy jambalaya with chicken & sausage, various veg & then stirred in a couple of those steam-in-the-bag rice... really quite good

I can send you some recipes

I can send you some recipes

Share them here please for others too.:)

Will do I'll look into writing some out x