Wonder if this book is a 1 off?

Just come across a poetry book which might be unique - written by 5 sisters - each contributing both poems and drawings of their memories of childhood, growing up and experiences of adult life. Some poems are quite 'deep', others covering early Christmases, pets, school etc etc are a joy to read.

The title is 'Say Kangaroo' - (the narrative explains why - even the title is apt)-the author - would you believe - Five Sisters. I bought mine on Lulu as a paperback but I think it's available as an e.book.

Another you might try - I enjoyed reading it a great deal, is The Belle Fields by Lora Adams. It's a romantic novel set in late Victorian times and covers life in one of the local 'big houses' and how far apart the 'family' and those serving them were. Very well written and can't wait for the promised sequel. Got mine on Amazon as an e.book for only a couple of pounds. Don't want to spoil it for anyone but the twists and turns kept me guessing, the end was out of the blue (a bit sad)? and that's why the promised sequel is a must get for me!

If anyone gets either - hope they enjoy them.:):)

Just come across a poetry book which might be unique - written by 5 sisters - each contributing both poems and drawings of their memories of childhood, growing up and experiences of adult life. Some poems are quite 'deep', others covering early Christmases, pets, school etc etc are a joy to read.

The title is 'Say Kangaroo' - (the narrative explains why - even the title is apt)-the author - would you believe - Five Sisters. I bought mine on Lulu as a paperback but I think it's available as an e.book.

Another you might try - I enjoyed reading it a great deal, is The Belle Fields by Lora Adams. It's a romantic novel set in late Victorian times and covers life in one of the local 'big houses' and how far apart the 'family' and those serving them were. Very well written and can't wait for the promised sequel. Got mine on Amazon as an e.book for only a couple of pounds. Don't want to spoil it for anyone but the twists and turns kept me guessing, the end was out of the blue (a bit sad)? and that's why the promised sequel is a must get for me!

If anyone gets either - hope they enjoy them.:):)

HOORAY - just found out the sequel for Belle Fields written by Lora Adams mentioned above - has now been finished and published! What a good read this book was and having now read the sequel - Ashes of Roses I now have the answers to what happened to various characters in the first book. I can now rest easily that at least one got what they deserved and I'm a little concerned how some of the others 'turned out' in the end. What well written books I can recommend - read Ashes of Roses in just 2 sittings - couldn't put it down! Hope anyone who enjoyed Belle Fields enjoys this sequel as I did. - got mine from Amazon as an e.book for a couple of pounds each. Good reading:):)

HOORAY - just found out the sequel for Belle Fields written by Lora Adams mentioned above - has now been finished and published! What a good read this book was and having now read the sequel - Ashes of Roses I now have the answers to what happened to various characters in the first book. I can now rest easily that at least one got what they deserved and I'm a little concerned how some of the others 'turned out' in the end. What well written books I can recommend - read Ashes of Roses in just 2 sittings - couldn't put it down! Hope anyone who enjoyed Belle Fields enjoys this sequel as I did. - got mine from Amazon as an e.book for a couple of pounds each. Good reading:):)

Just a quick one - just found out that The Belle Fields mentioned above is being offered free in e.book version by Amazon - not sure for how long or how to get hold of a freebie but just thought I'd mention it? Good reading!:)